Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lilaznzoul

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 3, 2010
Mac OS X Tiger
Version 10.5.7

Everytime I try to update my Mac to 10.5.8 it will tell me I am unable to. I start the software update, it finishes downloading the update, it asks me to restart the macbook, and after restarting it, it will show me a message telling me that I am unable to update it. Also I have iTunes 9.0, and it requires Safari 4.0.3 to access the iTunes store. My Safari is stuck at 4.0.1 for some reason. I tried to install Safari 4.0.3, 4.0.4, and 4.0.5 but it will not allow me to do so because I need to update my Mac OS X Version to 10.4.11. But it's already 10.5.7
What the hell's wrong with my macbook?

iambasil

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2010
London, UK
Mac OS X Tiger
Version 10.5.7

Everytime I try to update my Mac to 10.5.8 it will tell me I am unable to. I start the software update, it finishes downloading the update, it asks me to restart the macbook, and after restarting it, it will show me a message telling me that I am unable to update it. Also I have iTunes 9.0, and it requires Safari 4.0.3 to access the iTunes store. My Safari is stuck at 4.0.1 for some reason. I tried to install Safari 4.0.3, 4.0.4, and 4.0.5 but it will not allow me to do so because I need to update my Mac OS X Version to 10.4.11. But it's already 10.5.7
What the hell's wrong with my macbook?
How much hard drive space do you have? Normally it figures out it won't have enough before it commences the update, but it might be a cause if it runs out of space mid-upgrade.

lilaznzoul

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 3, 2010
I have directly downloaded the disk mounts of the updates from the apple website. They don't work.
I shall give it another gooo.

lilaznzoul

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 3, 2010
I have directly downloaded the disk mounts of the updates from the apple website. They don't work.
I shall give it another gooo.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.