Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

D1G1T4L

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I'm sure the answer is easy but for the life of me can't find the answer....

Can I use favicon's on my bookmark bar? I would like to remove the text and just use the icons to allow for more shortcuts.

So am I able to do this?

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
This question has been asked before... and sadly, it just isn't possible on Mac OS X. This is evidenced by the fact that ZERO of the Mac browsers support it.

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
This question has been asked before... and sadly, it just isn't possible on Mac OS X. This is evidenced by the fact that ZERO of the Mac browsers support it.

That’s not quite true. No version of Safari supports it, and I’m unaware of any method of causing it to support it, but I just checked in Chrome and the bookmarks bar does indeed show the favicons. I believe Firefox does as well.

jW

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
That’s not quite true. No version of Safari supports it, and I’m unaware of any method of causing it to support it, but I just checked in Chrome and the bookmarks bar does indeed show the favicons. I believe Firefox does as well.

jW
Firefox doesn't. Not in the Bookmarks Bar itself, anyway. Folders within DO show favicons.

Lucky736

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2004
US
Camino supports it, and it is annoying. Trying to find out how to remove them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.