Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you happy with Apple's decision to give out free Bumper case?

• Yes

Votes: 301 72.5%
  • No

Votes: 114 27.5%

• Total voters

JohnnyQuest

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2006
You people will NEVER be happy. And the amount of whining that these June/July2010 members have brought to MacRumors makes me sad. You're getting something for free. Just shut up.

drewc1138

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2007
I feel we should have a place so people can help each other out! If you are one of these people who don't want a free bumper, I'll take it :p

Would pay $10 for the white bumper from someone! Just PM me!

I don't understand the point. If you have an iPhone 4, then you're eligible for a free bumper. What would be the purpose of me selling you one.

Don't get me wrong, though...I'll be glad to do it.

bababoey14

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
Stop saying free bumper...IT'S NOT...some random case is what you get lol

We can't make enough bumpers...HAHAHA...you mean a cheap piece of rubber...you can't make that??? These cases better not be cheap junk

steviem

macrumors 68020
May 26, 2006
New York, Baby!
Yes.

They aren't side stepping the issue. They can't fix the physical design of the antenna, but they will sure as heck make sure it doesn't happen again.

They could say 'we changed the algorithm to ensure the signal is processed correctly, so just be happy with that or return the phone.'

They have accepted it is a physical issue, giving you something that will insulate the antenna from conductive material (skin) will fix it.

What did you want? A redesigned iPhone?

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
I Do NOT Want A Refund For My Bumper Case, Nor Will I Accept One

Thank God Steve stood up for what's right. And along those lines, I am perfectly happy with my iPhone 4 and the Bumper I bought on Day 1 and don't want Apple's money at all. I wasn't raised to take money I don't deserve. In fact, I'd like them to charge me an additional $29.00 to offset someone else's free case if that's what it takes as a gesture to show Apple how happy we are with what they do for us.

Look what we're doing to Apple. We can't let this happen.

BJ

Posted from my iPhone 4

kr00k322

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I'm pretty interested to see what alternative cases they're offering, from the quote it suggests more than bumpers. I already use a bumper so all it does for me is add another color to my collection.

"We're going to send you a free case. We can't make enough bumpers. No way we can make enough in the quarter. So we're going to source some cases and give you a choice."

mgamber

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2008
Having this press conference is worse than not having it!

Steve: "yes we have problems...but so does everyone else."

Then instead of addressing the problem...

Steve: "the problem is minute, less than 1% of users...but we still love you!"

Steve: "free cases for everyone, yay!!!"

?????????

Heh...well, I'm not exactly surprised. I posted yesterday that if Apple had any common sense left Jobs would be stripped, gagged and locked in a closet and a COO or someone who visits the real world on occasion would talk to the press. He didn't address the problem but he certainly answered my questions about Apple. I'll be replacing my Macbook Pro with a Windows 7 laptop in the fall. Enough is enough.

Corey213

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2010
We can't make enough bumpers...HAHAHA...you mean a cheap piece of rubber...you can't make that??? These cases better not be cheap junk

They will give you a wide variety of cases. I bet you will be able to choose a bumper if you want...you'll just have to wait longer

foot56

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2010
Bumper does not solve the issue I still can get it to drop plus the whole point of the iphone 4 is the design and slickness so we ****ed up so lets put a rubberband around it.

saccento

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2008
New Jersey
how is it not a free bumper? i purchased mine on release date and will be getting a refund. that makes it a free bumper.

just because they don't have em now doesn't mean they aren't free. if you want a case and they don't have a bumper you can get a different one.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Thank God Steve stood up for what's right. And along those lines, I am perfectly happy with my iPhone 4 and the Bumper I bought on Day 1 and don't want Apple's money at all. I wasn't raised to take money I don't deserve. In fact, I'd like them to charge me an additional $29.00 to offset someone else's free case if that's what it takes as a gesture to show Apple how happy we are with what they do for us.

Look what we're doing to Apple. We can't let this happen.

BJ

Posted from my iPhone 4

You can send me the $29, and I won't even charge tax.

TJunkers

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2007
I don't understand the point. If you have an iPhone 4, then you're eligible for a free bumper. What would be the purpose of me selling you one.

Don't get me wrong, though...I'll be glad to do it.

I am waiting for the white iPhone 4, but planned on getting a bumper when I get my phone!

MisterDisney

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2010
Absolutely happy with this. Because now only the dedicated whiners are left and they can return their phone, buy a droid and post on those forums. ;)

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
If you are not happy return it and move on. Simple. There is no miracle cure to fix the AT&T network or the antenna design.

Love my iP4. :)

Luminyx

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2010
I'm neutral. I like that I will get my money back on my bumper, though I wasn't too pissed about paying for it either (I thought it would've been nice to at least get 50% off of the bumper or something, so this is better).

Then again, I don't have many complaints about the phone. Proximity problem doesn't seem to be an issue for me yet, but keep in mind that I use speakerphone a lot if I make calls at all. The antenna problem wasn't a big deal to begin with for me, and I received my bumper on Monday.

My main issue right now is DATA :mad: I somehow manage to use 150+ MB a day, and I don't know why! Yesterday was 170MB. Two days ago was 150MB. Today is 2 weeks into my bill and I've over 1GB in my 2GB plan :(

dave420

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2010
What you guys think about Apple's decision to give away free Bumper case?

Yes I think this is a good response, and should stop most of the complaining. If you don't want a case then don't hold the phone in that one spot when in a low coverage area. Problem solved.
(Or return it, if that option is available. You can always get a 3GS instead)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.