Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dino12

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 28, 2009
Metropolis, IL
Is anyone getting a buzzing noise while on a call? Its a faint noise but it is there. This is my second phone and both of them do it. It sounds like it is some sort of interference, but it does it almost anywhere I am.

mrscrouge

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2010
vuvuzela.jpg

pw1500

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2007
Oxford, England
Is anyone getting a buzzing noise while on a call? Its a faint noise but it is there. This is my second phone and both of them do it. It sounds like it is some sort of interference, but it does it almost anywhere I am.

I've got this problem, did apple swap the phone? And does the replacement suffer from the same issue?

aasaeedi

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2010
Buzzing noise during the call

Hi there,

I have exactly the same problem. Before updating my iphone to 4.0.1, I had full bars at home, must of the time. After updating the phone, I haven't seen more than three bars.

I can hear that annoying buzzy noise at any call that exceeds 10 minutes (the noise is very similar to the noise that you can here when a cellphone is brought so close to a speaker). I believe this happens whenever my phone loses 3G and switches to edge. I am not sure if I had this problem before the updating the iphone, since I have got it just recently.

Anybody else with similar experience?

iambasil

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2010
London, UK
Hi there,

I have exactly the same problem. Before updating my iphone to 4.0.1, I had full bars at home, must of the time. After updating the phone, I haven't seen more than three bars.

I can hear that annoying buzzy noise at any call that exceeds 10 minutes (the noise is very similar to the noise that you can here when a cellphone is brought so close to a speaker). I believe this happens whenever my phone loses 3G and switches to edge. I am not sure if I had this problem before the updating the iphone, since I have got it just recently.

Anybody else with similar experience?
I've got exactly the same problem - only just got the phone and came with 4.0.1

What have all you posters above had done - did you get a new phone off Apple? Did you find a fix? Have you settled for it with the issue as is?

CT1stMaxedOut09

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2010
Connecticut
I've also had this problem a few times when at home.. I called Apple and they told me to do a restore as new of the phone to see if the cleared any issues. Doing so I have not had any problems since. Try that and if it dosn't work then you can give Apple a call or go to a store and then you can be sure that it is something with the phone.

iambasil

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2010
London, UK
For anyone else who comes across this thread, I got a replacement shipped out by apple and it doesn't have the problem. If yours does, replace it.

Hellion

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2008
South Florida
I don't have the buzz but everyone tell me when I call them, they hear an echo. When they call me back its all good though. Yup I'm gunning for a replacement come Thursday when I take this phone in for this and another issue.

charlie.100

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2010
iphone 4 16 gb

hhi my iphone suffers from the buzz as well thats y im going to apple to get it sorted out o and the battery life is **** this is my first iphone but i manneged to get the duff one of corce

BrokeMyi

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2010
We get this problem very often belive it or not. The majority of the time, there has been some sort of rust or calicum deposit build up underneath the connector #3. About 1 out of 10 times the reason they hear that noise is because they have horrible cell phone reception or have a horrible phone provider. Hope this helps :)

jambojungle

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2010
Same here! Is this going to be fixable?

I had the same issues, went to the G Bar and got replaced...guess what?

Same issues again, while on a call is still buzzing continuously as a speaker noise.

If you go outside to a street, of course this noise will disappear as the noise from outside will cover it, but for an i - 'phone', this could be considered even worst than the antennagate in my opinion. The phone is awesome until you judge the call quality.

Will a firmware/update could fix this issue? If there is people who hasn't got this problem, how many i-phone 4's should I try it before get a good one?

Going to change to my third one on thursday, I will post the results...

iphoneguy928398

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2010
Result of the replacement

Hello

Did they replace your iPhone. Does it work right know or is the issue still existing?

Ive the same problem.. (Switzerland)

Best Regards

eklunto1

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2010
Hello!

Same problem here. I noticed that if I use head set, the sound is ok. But if you use internal mic, there is lot of external noice and the sound quality is bad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.