Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zea mays

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 10, 2007
griffin loop website

Anyone have one yet? I saw one at the Apple store the other night and ended up ordering one. Should be here on Wednesday, but wanted to know if anyone is using one already?

holyjohn

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2010
I ordered a bookstand from BookGem ( http://www.bookgem.com/ )
and it's awesome!! only $15 XD

Of course, this one looks cheaper than the Griffin iPad stand. Griffin stand looks way better in design, but I don't mind using a cheap one! :D

Perihelion

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2010
I had a Gorillapod tripod for my camera and just turned that into an iPad stand. If you bend the feet up a little on 2 of the legs, it forms a stand the same way. The rubber rings on each joint keep the iPad from getting scratched as well.

http://joby.com/gorillapod/original

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
I saw pictures of it today and I began to like it more than I did before. I think it's a bit better than their A-Frame.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
i just wonder how well this would be for typing, as thats all i want. i need a stand or a case (that you can actually find in stock) in which you can use the iPad in landscape mode for typing. why is this so hard?

i'll have to see if i can find one in the apple store and see how well it works.

slazareth

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2006
I have the loop and for me it works fantastic for typing. They iPad is at a great angle and doesn't wobble or shift.

JayMysterio

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
I picked up my copy of the Loop at the San Diego Apple store ( Which I can't recommend enough, that Apple store rocks ), while at SDCC, and it rocks. The stand is really stable, and works well with IFrogz Luxe case. Also looks cool as hell.

Side note; be warned the TSA may want to inspect your luggage if you are transporting this!

TwoFive3

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2008
I bought both the loop and the 12south compass and I far and away like the compass. The loop seems too high off the table in landscape mode and seems slightly too angled for typing.

PadStand

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2010
If you're looking for some more exposure for your product, might be worth sending details to TUAW. They regularly review iPad accessories.
http://www.tuaw.com/

Thanks for the tip, I will try them now...

Hopefully MacWorld will be running a review soon too (UK Site)

I would be pleased to hear any more feedback on my idea too... especially if you own one!

Thanks,
Adam @ PadStand

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
I picked up my copy of the Loop at the San Diego Apple store ( Which I can't recommend enough, that Apple store rocks ), while at SDCC, and it rocks. The stand is really stable, and works well with IFrogz Luxe case. Also looks cool as hell.

Side note; be warned the TSA may want to inspect your luggage if you are transporting this!

Just picked this up today at the local Apple Store. Works great with the Iskin Vue case. Not really for portable use. The look is organic looking and is growing on me ;)

It doesn't slip and the iPad doesn't rock when typing. It is very stable which makes up for the lack of looks.

Darth Maniac

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2010
For UK buyers these are now appearing on Ebay. Mine arrived today and its just what I needed. It looks good, has a great typing position and, crucially, it seems to work well with my Vaja Mamut Suela iPad case as it has a reasonably wide groove to place the iPad in.

Good stuff!

Darth Maniac

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2010
I have added a few crappy shots (Bloody 3GS camera) of the loop for anyone who is interested. As you can see - it works well with the vaja case on the iPad.

After using this for a day my opinion has been confirmed for me - this is the best stand I think thats out there. The typing position is especially cool and useable!!

Attachments

• IMG_0266.JPG
    IMG_0266.JPG
    248.6 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0267.JPG
    IMG_0267.JPG
    267.5 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0268.JPG
    IMG_0268.JPG
    237 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0270.JPG
    IMG_0270.JPG
    198.2 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0271.JPG
    IMG_0271.JPG
    193.6 KB · Views: 86
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.