Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lakshi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 7, 2008
I have iphone 3gs in recovery mode and i wish to kick it out of recovery mode. I tried recboot and ireb but still in recovery mode. Can anyone help me out?

lakshi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 7, 2008
Download TinyUmbrella from here.
In the top right corner there is a button that says "Kick Device Out of Recovery"

I have 2 versions of tiny umbrella: umbrella-4.00.53 and umbrella-4.01.03. Which one should i use?

lakshi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 7, 2008
Ok, thanks everyone for help...i will try tomorrow and post results

benflick

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio
Well, i cant restore it since i dont have shsh saved and there is no jailbreak for 4.0.1

What firmware are you on now? You don't need your SHSH blobs saved to restore to the same firmware version that your phone is on, only downgrading. At least I don't think you have to. Can someone chime in on this?

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
Tools like RecBoot and TinyUmbrella work only for situations in which a boot loop is caused by an improper boot flag is set in the configuration files. This happens, for instance, when a restore operation fails. If these tools do not work, then there is a more significant problem causing your boot loop. This could either be accidental deletion or corruption of the OS, or hardware failure. If you cannot get your phone out of its boot loop using these tools, the next trouble-shooting step should be DFU restore to rule out hardware failure. There's really nothing else we can suggest.

lakshi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 7, 2008
What firmware are you on now? You don't need your SHSH blobs saved to restore to the same firmware version that your phone is on, only downgrading. At least I don't think you have to. Can someone chime in on this?

Are you sure i can restore to same version ie 3.1.2, i tried but got error 3194.....?

benflick

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio
Benflick is wrong once again. You need your SHSH to restore to any firmware version Apple is not currently signing unless you have a pwned phone and are restoring to a custom firmware.

Okay, prick, I didn't know. That is why I stated I wasn't sure and wanted someone else's opinion. Fast to point the finger, aren't we?:rolleyes:

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Look, I have to agree.
If you are not sure of a solution, don't post it.
You might cause someone following your advice to get into a spot where they are stuck with no chance of restore or jailbreak.

Bottom line, imagine if that happened to you because of incorrect info.

Not sure, don't post it. :cool:

lakshi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 7, 2008
Guess what guys, i cant kick iphone out of recovery mode with tiny umbrella...i can jailbreak my phone with blackra1n though. I want to kick phone out of recovery mode and activate with original simcard to get untethered jailbreak....any help?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Guess what guys, i cant kick iphone out of recovery mode with tiny umbrella...i can jailbreak my phone with blackra1n though. I want to kick phone out of recovery mode and activate with original simcard to get untethered jailbreak....any help?

Your only option is to restore.
Thats it.
Its not in recovery mode. If it was you would be able to kick it out by now. something else is gone bad and it needs a restore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.