Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrmarts

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 6, 2009
Melbourne Australia
Hello all

Just placed a preorder for Starcraft 2, what I don't know is Starcraft 2 going to support both pc and Mac on the one disc, or will there be another version released for Mac.

sportster

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2010
Katy, TX
Blizzard has been Mac/PC compatible for some time now. Others are just now starting to catch up with them, taking long enough

Suspended
Jan 9, 2010
Hello all

Just placed a preorder for Starcraft 2, what I don't know is Starcraft 2 going to support both pc and Mac on the one disc, or will there be another version released for Mac.

Well I'm just looking at your specs in your signature and you'll be able to run SC2 fine on your iMac.

aki

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2004
Japan
I hope it runs on mines.. but I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't..

I can't talk about the single player campaign, but I've been playing a lot of the Beta and it wasn't as demanding on hardware as I had expected. I was able to run it on a Windows laptop (DELL Vostro) (on min settings) which was far below the minimum recommended specs.

Now of course, I wouldn't be wanting to try to game competitively on that laptop :p.

But you may be pleasantly suprised.

Of course no one can really say until it's released. And it's entirely possible that the SP game will include huge battles with a bizzillion units which may seriously chunk down older video cards, no idea.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.