Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

virividox

macrumors 601
Original poster
i got my first Kernel Panic today, WOOHOO, i dont know why im happy, i guess i always wanted to see one happen on my computer

i had mail, aim, yahoo, ichat, running, itunes, a world clock, printer software, safari and was watching a flash movie on newgrounds

nothing taxing by far

but yeah heheh woo hoo first kp

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
virividox said:
i got my first Kernel Panic today, WOOHOO, i dont know why im happy, i guess i always wanted to see one happen on my computer

i had mail, aim, yahoo, ichat, running, itunes, a world clock, printer software, safari and was watching a flash movie on newgrounds

nothing taxing by far

but yeah heheh woo hoo first kp
Do you have any idea what caused it? Have you attempted to replicate the conditions which caused it to further isolate the cause? Are you even going to bother diagnosing it?

Gosh, I don't remember when I got my first KP - but I do remember getting a string of about 10 KPs within 30 minutes when I bought and turned on my iMac G4. Turns out the cause was corrupt power manager settings - after that was corrected, I haven't gotten any more KPs.

andysmith

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2004
West Mids, UK
I got my first yesterday - I was trying out Salling Clicker, which wasn't connecting to my phone for some reason - then it said the Bluetooth Stack wasn't responding.
So I unplugged my Bluetooth dongle, and then got a kernel panic. Rebooted and it was fine :)

virividox

macrumors 601
Original poster
well i ran everything that was running at the time and tried to replicated conditions, and it didnt happen again. so i really am at a loss as to what has caused

i could try to isolate by running one program and watch the flash thing, but im not that bothered by it ;)

johnnyjibbs

macrumors 68030
Sep 18, 2003
London, UK
I wouldn't worry. I had a kernel panic on my last night of using Jaguar (after months of stability!) and then a kernel panic after I upgraded to Panther (straight to 10.3.1). Haven't had anything since and Panther is now as stable as Jaguar (no freezes either). Life goes on.

(I thought kernel panics were normally associated with hardware problems but there was nothing new or different about my settings when I got these two panics).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.