Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmaji1

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2010
proof

screenshot20100727at956.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

aliensporebomb

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2005
Minneapolis, MN, USA, Urth
Welll...

Everyone has their credit cards ready? Anyone, else, most excited about the 27" and maybe larger ACDs?

How many cores in the Mac Pros? 12 or are there 16 possible?

If it's 12 cores with 24 threads that could be one hell of a computer any way you look at it.

Properly threaded applications on the Corei7 iMac show them functioning as an eight core machine so a 12-core Mac Pro with 24 threads would show 24.

RunawayTruck

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2010
I just have to say something. As someone who is in the market to make his first iMac purchase, I feel oddly excited about what's to come today. I never thought that would happen over a computer, but it's happening.

pixel-vs-pencil

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2010
London
That was nine months ago. It would seem slightly premature to update them but I suppose it's always possible.

I know, what I meant is that on the iMac page (regardless of what's happening today) they have been calling it "The new iMac" for ages now! They haven't stopped saying that it's "new" even though the release was last year, I guess to persuade people to buy. I really hope we see lots of updates today! :)

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
The waiting this morning is killing me. God help us if we finally don't get something here.

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
Not quite sure how you can be so precise, but all the same I hope it's soon as my productivity always bottoms out when the store goes down! ;)

He's just using the MBP update as a time reference. However, in this case, there may be more than just one product line updated, so it may take longer than that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.