Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GaresTaylan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 11, 2009
Hey everyone. I had a couple questions for those of you that use team viewer.

I use the following apps on my iPad:

NetAwake
OffRemote
TeamViewer HD

What I wanted to do was be able to wake on lan from my work, and then connect to the machine with team viewer. The problem is that everytime the machine is woken up, Team Viewer requires a password. Even if I leave the software running at all times, the password needs to be refreshed upon waking up.

This is really cumbersome and kind of defeats the purpose of using the app/software if I have to go to the machine and find a password first before I can log in with my iPad. Does anyone know of any functionality that allows you to store a permanent password or bypass this completely??

**EDIT**

I downloaded the team viewer software on my PC and there is an option right on the front page for configuring a permanent password. I dont see anything like this for MAC?

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
On the Mac version, go to Team Viewer menu > Preferences. Under the General tab (first one) there is a section called Startup, which has a Password and Confirm Password field. This will let you set a permanent password.

GaresTaylan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 11, 2009
Could have swore I looked there a few times. I'm obviously too slow for my own good. Thx :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.