Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

big_malk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 7, 2005
Scotland
I was going to update my website today, but when I looked at it Safari popped up the 'This website may harm your computer...' message - I was not best pleased!

I've checked my site and have found no malware.
I've checked Google webmaster tools, and my domain isn't blacklisted there, it says there has been no malware found.

The weird thing is, the warning says to check the Google safe browsing diagnostic page at this link http://google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?tpl=safari&site=yoursupergoogleanalytics.co.cc&hl=en-gb, and that page says "Diagnostic page for yoursupergoogleanalytics.co.cc" - that's not my domain?! :S

My site is visible briefly before the warning appears, I though maybe someone had posted a malicious comment or something that loads a bad script from another domain or something, but I cant find mention of that domain anywhere on my site!

I am very confused, and I can't even find where my site has been blacklisted, or where the problem is?! :confused::confused:

I'd really appreciate help on this ASAP, as it look pretty bad having my site blacklisted like this!

iTzChasE

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2008
Warning: Visiting this site may harm your computer!

The website at christiesmedia.co.uk contains elements from the site yoursupergoogleanalytics.co.cc, which appears to host malware – software that can hurt your computer or otherwise operate without your consent. Just visiting a site that contains malware can infect your computer.
For detailed information about the problems with these elements, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page for yoursupergoogleanalytics.co.cc.

Have you completely searched your site up and down for something related to yoursupergoogleanalytics.co.cc?

big_malk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 7, 2005
Scotland
Have you completely searched your site up and down for something related to yoursupergoogleanalytics.co.cc?

Where did you see that?

Yip, I've gone through every page and searched the source code, I've searched the entire database, and I'm currently checking for and changed files over FTP but it's going painfully slow :(

big_malk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 7, 2005
Scotland
I used Google Chrome and that is what showed up.

I checked Chrome and got no warning, I've got the latest version and cant see any option to turn warnings on/off

Presumably chrome uses google's own malware blacklist thingy, but google webmaster tools says there is no malware detected... I am really confused!!

I cant find this supposed malware / domain anywhere on my site :(

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
Looks to have been temporary. I didn't get any warnings when using either Safari or Chrome. I'm in the US.

Darth.Titan

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2007
Austin, TX
Well you have something wrong in one of your javascripts. My AVG alerts me with the following warning when navigating to your site.

Attachments

• oops.jpg
    oops.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 98

Elysian

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2010
caption.js has an iframe injection. I'd be careful where you are getting your scripts from.

Attachments

• ss1.png
    ss1.png
    269.7 KB · Views: 143

big_malk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 7, 2005
Scotland
Thanks guys, just found that.

The script was part of the Joomla installation (obviously, it didn't come with that in it though).

My site was a couple of minor versions out of date, but this'll be the last time I let that happen! Time to update, check all my other websites and change al my passwords I guess...

Thanks for your hep guys! :eek:

DJBenE

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2010
Rowland Heights, California
I was going to update my website today, but when I looked at it Safari popped up the 'This website may harm your computer...' message - I was not best pleased!

I've checked my site and have found no malware.
I've checked Google webmaster tools, and my domain isn't blacklisted there, it says there has been no malware found.

The weird thing is, the warning says to check the Google safe browsing diagnostic page at this link http://google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?tpl=safari&site=yoursupergoogleanalytics.co.cc&hl=en-gb, and that page says "Diagnostic page for yoursupergoogleanalytics.co.cc" - that's not my domain?! :S

My site is visible briefly before the warning appears, I though maybe someone had posted a malicious comment or something that loads a bad script from another domain or something, but I cant find mention of that domain anywhere on my site!

I am very confused, and I can't even find where my site has been blacklisted, or where the problem is?! :confused::confused:

I'd really appreciate help on this ASAP, as it look pretty bad having my site blacklisted like this!

Be sure to check EVERYWHERE (ie. sessions, images and files with multiple extensions, htaccess files, etc). I got one of my servers hacked a while back and couldn't find anything...until I started noticing files renamed from like myfile.css to myfile.css.php with malicious code in them.

Thanks guys, just found that.

The script was part of the Joomla installation (obviously, it didn't come with that in it though).

My site was a couple of minor versions out of date, but this'll be the last time I let that happen! Time to update, check all my other websites and change al my passwords I guess...

Thanks for your hep guys! :eek:

That's good news you fixed the issue. Definitely keep up to date on software releases and updates if you use a script which is widely used, like Joomla and WordPress.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.