Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chembox

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2010
Experimented with this a little more, I found out that the status bar is a ~60% opacity black bar, and the bottom portion has a shadow-like gradient.

I added a 40px black bar layer with 60% opacity that stayed at the top of the document, and made changes accordingly beneath it. The tricky part is the shadow at the bottom, but I impressively managed to make the illusion. It looks much more invisible on the iPhone than on a desktop:

UnUdX.jpg

G9xGJ.png

UCLAKoolman

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
Experimented with this a little more, I found out that the status bar is a ~60% opacity black bar, and the bottom portion has a shadow-like gradient.

I added a 40px black bar layer with 60% opacity that stayed at the top of the document, and made changes accordingly beneath it. The tricky part is the shadow at the bottom, but I impressively managed to make the illusion. It looks much more invisible on the iPhone than on a desktop:

UnUdX.jpg

G9xGJ.png

Thanks for the px details. I'll give this a try in Photoshop later.

TechIsCool

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2008
I got board as hell tonight and wrote this in php let me know what you all think take a url that is not a attachment on these forums and paste it there then just copy the picture and email yourself the link or click the Email Link button...

iPhone Transparent Bar

Please let me know what you think about it :)

iSaxon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
I got board as hell tonight and wrote this in php let me know what you all think take a url that is not a attachment on these forums and paste it there then just copy the picture and email yourself the link or click the Email Link button...

iPhone Transparent Bar

Thanks! I'll check it out when I get home... I'm at work :p

chembox

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2010

iPhone Transparent Bar

You're a freaking genius! This script is awesome, the only tweak you should look into is that 1px shadow at the bottom of the bar.

Major props, TechIsCool.

vv4WE.jpg

Ollie N

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2009
sorry if im asking too much but can someone also do this as a transparent menubar wallpaper?
content

bowzer

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2005
Ottawa, Canada
Here is my attempt - and I've included my photoshop psd for anyone that wants to try using it to make their own. It's just the top bar set to dodge... I think this method will only work if you have a darker wallpaper... bright ones won't work.

DOWNLOAD PSD

iphone4trans.jpg

iSaxon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Amazing guys. Great work! I knew it was possible w/o jailbreak :)

Originial:
Tree1.jpg

Here are my results. Left is with the script. Right is with the PSD.
The PSD works a little better, but they are both great! I am still amazed at the php script :) Thanks guys!

shadow.php
30k6kus.jpg

33w4chz.png
346azd4.png

Ollie N

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2009
Yay! I made one! I did it with the PSD because the script does not work for me.
content

nin7474

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2009
How do you stop all the Apps going into Home Screen 1? Every time i Sync or Apply all the Apps fill into Home Screen 1.:confused::confused:

Frenchjay

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010
Amazing guys. Great work! I knew it was possible w/o jailbreak :)

Originial:
Tree1.jpg

Here are my results. Left is with the script. Right is with the PSD.
The PSD works a little better, but they are both great! I am still amazed at the php script :) Thanks guys!

shadow.php
30k6kus.jpg

33w4chz.png
346azd4.png

EPIC :)

jreed91

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2009
So if you can do this with the status bar could you do this with the whole lockscreen?

chembox

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2010
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.