Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tzag

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
Was running 4.0.1, did the http://www.jailbreakme.com stuff, and then rebooted my iPhone and all I get is the Apple Logo.

This did not happen when I rebooted my 3GS, but I don't know what to do now. It was my first time jailbreaking.

peraevum

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2009
Chicago, IL
Same for me too. I'm stuck on the Apple logo, and my iPhone doesn't show up on iTunes. Anyone know of a solution to restore?

moussekateer

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2009
Misleading thread title. Your phone is not bricked. Such an overused word. Put your phone into restore mode by holding down the home and power button. When the Apple logo appears let go of the power button but continue holding the home button until the iTunes logo appears and restore.

airfrancisco

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2005
What I did was hold power and home button while connected to itunes, then after like 10 seconds or more, itunes will pop up saying the phone is in recovery mode. From there, simply restore and iphone back to normal again.

andy071202

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2010
Misleading thread title. Your phone is not bricked. Such an overused word. Put your phone into restore mode by holding down the home and power button. When the Apple logo appears let go of the power button but continue holding the home button until the iTunes logo appears and restore.

yup totally agree it is damn near impossible to brick an iphone
just do as he said in it will be fine

Frenchjay

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010
Im restoring my phone now and waiting a bit longer before i play with this.

tzag

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
holding down the home button didn't work for me.
Did it exactly as you said and all I keep getting is the Apple logo

Shorties

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2007
Southern California
holding down the home button didn't work for me.
Did it exactly as you said and all I keep getting is the Apple logo

Hold down the home button and don't let go, Hold the power button until it turns off then back on again then let go of power but never let go of the home until you see the iTunes logo.

p-rice

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2010
Las Vegas
You guys are misusing the term "brick". It's not bricked if you still see something on the screen. Simply restore or if necessary get into DFU mode to get it back to factory.

tzag

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010

airfrancisco

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2005
What I did was continuing holding both power and home buttons without letting either one go until you got popup message from itunes

tzag

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
cant connect it to itunes, holding both buttons down just ends up turning off the phone, is my home button broken or somethin?

airfrancisco

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2005
cant connect it to itunes, holding both buttons down just ends up turning off the phone, is my home button broken or somethin?

Connect your iphone to itunes, then hold both power and home buttons. You'll see the phone turn off and on and off and on. Don't worry, just continue holding until you get a popup message from itunes. At least that's what I did

andy071202

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2010
But it is good to recommend people do backups before doing this jailbreak. Sure wish I had done one recently.

should that not be your number one thing to do before you Jailbreak
it says on there web page sync with itunes before you do this
if you dont follow that then you kinda deserve this to happen

andy071202

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2010
Connect your iphone to itunes, then hold both power and home buttons. You'll see the phone turn off and on and off and on. Don't worry, just continue holding until you get a popup message from itunes. At least that's what I did

OR

connect your phone to pc
start itunes
turn volume up so you can hear it
now hold power button and home button
untill you hear the pc making a noise
wait 1 second then let go of power button
and after about 5-10 seconds your pc will make another noise
release home button(all buttons should be realeased) and it will go into dfu mode

to get out of that just hold power and home button untill apple logo appears

ayush20m

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2010
I am running 4.0 and jb my phone, I wanna go back to jailed but with 4.0 can i do it?

pwb2103

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2008
wow, tried to JB my iPhone 4 with 4.0, restarted, and the screen just completely wont turn on. I can hear that the phone still turns on, like I can make it make the voice control sound... but no screen.

Will try restoring but Im surprised that no one else is complaining of this problem

SAIRUS

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2008
I ended up doing a reset on the phone itself (sorry I need MMS for work), and the iPhone 4 bricked. Now downloading the firmware manually and restoring back.

moussekateer

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2009
I ended up doing a reset on the phone itself (sorry I need MMS for work), and the iPhone 4 bricked. Now downloading the firmware manually and restoring back.

:facepalm:

Can you install firmware on a brick? Then your phone was never a brick.

abbie doobie

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2010
Lost vacation photos

Lame. Every time I've jailbroken b4 I've done the song and dance of making sure I have everything stored seperately incase the worst happens and never has. The one time I put blind faith in something and I lose everything. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.