Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
My wife is part-time landscape designer. She's sure would love an app or two of this kind for her work. I tried to search for her but haven't found a single one. ouch...
And this is one damn category that's really hard to search. It'd think you're talking about the device alignment rather than gardening design. :sigh:
Is there any landscape designer with iPad out there who could point me the way?

shadowness

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2010
I Am just a bit closer, I am an architect/interior designer. There are no landscape design apps that I know of! But I can think of a workaround.
I hope that your wife has a library of plan view images of plants and other stuff! If not you can buy some from any texture websites like dosch design etc. Basically you need png or similar images with transparency.
Use keynote or sketchbook pro and import the plan or layout, either as an image or a screen grab from PDF in the iPad itself. Then insert the necessary plants, adjust, rotate, scale and align to liking and export to PDF.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Thank you for a good tip. There is an iPhone app called Garden Design that function just like your tip but it looks amateurish. Your workaround seems to be a much better option.
I guess my wife still prefer something that she can view (and present to her client) in 3D though.
Don't somebody want to make money?

shadowness

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2010
There is not much in 3d for content creation like there is for entertainment.
creating in 3d on a touchscreen based device would be kinda hard, it could be done though, but the devs could charge an arm and a leg for that!
even if someone developed in 3d i guess most landscape objects would be 2d sprites for the sake of performance.

best option right now would be to deal with plans and elevations for content creation in ipad! the 3d should be delegated to the desktop and laptop!

matrix07

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
There is not much in 3d for content creation like there is for entertainment.
creating in 3d on a touchscreen based device would be kinda hard, it could be done though, but the devs could charge an arm and a leg for that!
even if someone developed in 3d i guess most landscape objects would be 2d sprites for the sake of performance.

best option right now would be to deal with plans and elevations for content creation in ipad! the 3d should be delegated to the desktop and laptop!

Apology for not making myself clear. I referred to 3D only to mean you can view object in three-dimensional CAD style, which allow you to move viewing angle in any direction, not a flat 2D picture pasted by flat plant picture. I'm not refering to 3D like in Avatar. :)
But if you and I are talking about the same thing then that's a bit sad. I have high hope for this kind of app to be available. Maybe I watched too many sci-fi flicks. :(

nflreplay

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2011
iPad app for landscape

Hello,

I have an app that may work.

DesignMaster is available for free as a demo.

Our DesignMaster exterior is $9.99 and we are adding more photos.

Feel to to contact me at Nflreplay@comcast.net

Landscapedesign

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2011
iScape is a great design tool for the iPad and iPhone

This app is a very good landscape design tool. Very easy to use and fun. The database of images are always being added to. Customer support is awesome and The app is great. Their website is http://www.iscapeapps.com

Ashwood11

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2010
US
This app is a very good landscape design tool. Very easy to use and fun. The database of images are always being added to. Customer support is awesome and The app is great. Their website is http://www.iscapeapps.com

I downloaded the free version. Looks interesting and I look forward to giving it a try.

Checked out the web site and the price was $4.99. Went to the App Store and it was only 99¢.

Last edited:

Lksimcoe

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2012
Garden design

Hi

I just finished redoing my gardens, and would like to find an app for my iPad that I can map out what plants I planted where, and have an overall design of my garden on file. Can anyone recommend an app that I can use to recreate my gardens on line?

Thanks

jacksonlisa

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2013
Los Angeles
There so many web applications or software, free tools and so many things like experts blogs or article are available online. You can do googling. try to search and choose the best one. I have found a blog of professional landscapers Los Angeles. You can get some tips and proper guidance for choosing the right budget for your landscape.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.