Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zab the Fab

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 26, 2003
How the minions use reversed labels to trample the Apple uprising

It's so desperate it begs compassion ...
It's so obvious it doesn't really need revealing ...
And it won't stop the consumer uprising this time around ...

PC users have always chosen to follow the mainstream and felt threatened by anyone who dared to think different. And even back when it was still a question if you should buy a Windows PC or a Mac they used the reversed label psychology as a means to get people in line and start marching to the loudest drum: Microsoft. These days it has come down to a different choice: do you want a PC that can only run Windows, or do you want a Mac which can run Windows and Mac OS X. Pick one and then we'll get back to that later on, after we have revealed the reality about fanatics versus the main stream distortion field.

Here's how they did it and how they use the same trick on iOS users today.

Zab the Fab

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 26, 2003
wow I thought it made perfect sense? You didn't get it?

It's basically an exposure of how the mainstream minions calls Apple users "fanatics" when in reality that labels fits themselves much better.

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
wow I thought it made perfect sense? You didn't get it?

It's basically an exposure of how the mainstream minions calls Apple users "fanatics" when in reality that labels fits themselves much better.

Flame war alart!

I'm a PC. I don't like Apple's business practices, I don't like OS X all that much - well, not enough to switch from Windows 7 to OS X full time - but I do like the Macbook Hardware. that's the Macbook Aluminum. I don't like chicklet keyboards, or the cult-esque fanaticism that's rampant of OS X users. I don't like how, when I go to the subaru dealership with my MBP to wait for my car, and there's another mac user, he starts talking to me like we're buddies.

So yes, I am a free thinker, choosing which platform I prefer, and I pick Microsoft.

Please, don't group everyone together, or, maybe you should just listen to the stats instead of being a fanatic and trying to disprove something you perceive as bad for your cult ;)

Zab the Fab

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 26, 2003
If you have tried both platforms and have made your choice, how is an article directed at those who does not, directed at you?

Flame alert? You bet! The mainstream has been spreading the idea that if you follow the minority you are a fanatic, but if you follow the majority you are a free thinker.
You even seem to have bought into it with your comments about the Mac cult.

Stop grouping everyone together and misrepresent what the article says.

{edit by moderator - deleted quote removed from here {/edit}

Exactly. The mainstream began a flame war years and years ago against anyone who does not follow the mainstream. The article exposes this tactics and asks the question: what is a fanatic? And who is the fanatic?

If they managed to sell you that idea, why didn't you realize you had been tricked this once you read the points in the article?

Do you like it when people call Apple users fanatics? If you think Apple users are fanatics then please explain why those who use both platforms and choose which they prefer, is a "fanatic" while those who [fanatically] refuse to try anything but PCs is a "free thinker".

Surely one does not have to be above average intelligence to see the blatant minipulation? Well, either that or I am like extremely clever ha ha ---- naaaa, not really ;)

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
What an awful, fragmented blog post. It barely makes sense :confused:.

agreed, the article was not cohesive and failed to really make a point.

also who cares, the pc vs. mac war is long over and while there are similarities with the mobile platform, that article really failed to capitalize on those similarities to make a point

Zab the Fab

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 26, 2003
agreed, the article was not cohesive and failed to really make a point.

also who cares, the pc vs. mac war is long over and while there are similarities with the mobile platform, that article really failed to capitalize on those similarities to make a point

Let me help you out also.

For those of you who don't get it: it's really simple. The mainstream uses labels on Apple users that only fit the PC users. They reverse the labels:
• Apple users are a cult - but what the majority follows blindly is not [a cult]
• Apple users are fanatics spite the fact that they usually know both platforms, while PC users who [fanatically] insist on only trying one platform and claiming it's superior is not [a fanatic].

The minions use reverse labels psychology cause they are not capable at examining themselves and being the majority only we the minority can [examine them]

Is everyone up to speed?

Zab the Fab

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 26, 2003
So many of you can understand :Apple users are fanatics, Apple is a cult.

But you cannot understand:No it's the PC users who are fanatics. Apple users usually made a well informed choice.

Being a minority does not make it a cult. Cult means having blind followers who follow you based on faith and not knowlege: Most PC users.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
But you cannot understand:No it's the PC users who are fanatics. Apple users usually made a well informed choice.

No, they don't. Just peruse the forums a little to find people who'll buy anything with an Apple logo on it.
Funny thread is hilarious.

Teh Don Ditty

macrumors G4
Jan 15, 2007
Maryland
So many of you can understand :Apple users are fanatics, Apple is a cult.

Being a minority does not make it a cult. Cult means having blind followers who follow you based on faith and not knowlege: Most PC users.

LOLz. The irony in this post is awesome.

Best laugh of the day, thanks.

Zab the Fab

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 26, 2003
LOLz. The irony in this post is awesome.

Best laugh of the day, thanks.

and it's obvious too, still they don't get it :D

No, they don't. Just peruse the forums a little to find people who'll buy anything with an Apple logo on it.
Funny thread is hilarious.

Yes, most Apple users will buy anything with an Apple logo on it, cause after having tried the alternative they make an informed choice: Apple.

Now show me how most PC users who will buy anything from Microsoft are doing so after having tried Apple.

That blog post made no sense.

Read the above explanations. If you're still having trouble, let me know and I'll try a fourth time ha ha :D

Zab the Fab

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 26, 2003
Blog post sucked.

Almost any page from Eric Hoffer's "The True Believer" is better:
http://www.amazon.com/True-Believer-Thoughts-Movements-Perennial/dp/0060505915/ref=sr_1_2

And you can even borrow it from most public libraries: it's a classic.

That would make any blog post who does not live up to your favorite book ..."suck" ?
Hey it's an amateur blog post, I'm interested in the point. The point that people are having a R E A L L Y hard time comprehending apparently :D

Too much TV I'm guessing ;)

I just like the word "minions", because it sounds like some kind of crunchy onion flavoured potato snack

me too :D which was what attracted me to read the blog post in the first place

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
You don't frequent mac forums very much do you. Just take a look around here. There's mostly apple fanatics, I'm not saying this derisively, but really as a matter of fact.

secondly, the people who stick with windows, be it in the business sector or the consumer, don't eat/sleep/talk microsoft or windows stuff like mac fans do.

So the convoluted point that blog was making doesn't to much basis in reality.

Zab the Fab

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 26, 2003
You don't frequent mac forums very much do you. Just take a look around here. There's mostly apple fanatics, I'm not saying this derisively, but really as a matter of fact.

secondly, the people who stick with windows, be it in the business sector or the consumer, don't eat/sleep/talk microsoft or windows stuff like mac fans do.

So the convoluted point that blog was making doesn't to much basis in reality.

Your logic is flawed in every way. Here's now:
1) You still don't understand the word "fanatic". People on this forum who you refer to as fanatics have mostly all had to use windows in their life and they prefer the Mac.
Now show me a PC forum where the members mostly have had to use the Mac in their life.
The PC users are fanatics when / if they claim superiority without having really used a Mac and refuse to do so. That's a fanatic.
If you use both platforms and wildly prefer the Mac it does not make you a fanatic. This is just the mainstream use of reversed labels to confuse you.

2) Arguing that PC users are not enthusiastic about their PC has nothing to do with fanaticism what so ever. If they have had to use Macs in their life and they prefer the PC they are not fanatics. Have most PC users had to use Macs? The PC fanboys on YouTube, are they experienced with the Mac? Exactly.
The reason PC users are not enthusiastic about their PCs is that they have not tried an alternative and such have nothing to compare it to. Yet they swear by their PC simply because the minions around them do.

Your first conclusion that I do not frequent Mac forums very much was related to your two following misunderstandings so no need to address it.

It's amazing to watch how people have bought into the reversed label propaganda from the mainstream. Even the Mac users are apparently now believing that they are fanatics for choosing what they prefer after having tried both open minded.

Even when they are confronted with the failed logic portrayed by the mainstream their brain shuts down and they don't get it.

Well I got good news for you all: you're not the fanatics, those who make up their minds without knowing both platforms are. Now stop acting like the victims of this propaganda, wake up and Think Different with pride.

Teh Don Ditty

macrumors G4
Jan 15, 2007
Maryland
Fanatic eh?

How about all the people that lined up to purchase iPhones?

Nah, they're not fanatics.

You clearly fail at this game. You're just trying to justify your fanboyism for all things Apple. Congrats, you let a company dictate your life.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.