Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

prot0type

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2010
I saw it on the app advice app yesterday and it definitely perked my interest.

For something simple and "inexpensive" it seems to do the job. Doesn't look too bad either.

Hmm, just read the FAQ, apparently it may only work well if there is no case on your iPad. Bummer.

jpmfan

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2010
great find. Sent an email to them to find if it would work well for typing because i cant find a good folio case that i could use with a Belkin Grip Vue that has a typing mode and video mode.

This with a sleeve to carry the iPad and moviepegs in could work well

jpmfan

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2010

jpmfan

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2010
Just and I mean just received my limited edition Clockwork Orange Moviepegs. I am typing on my ipad using them right now. All I can say is that they are awesome, gives great versatility now with how I want the viewing or typing angle of my iPad.

Little background on my iPad setup, I use the belkin pleated sleeve to carry my ipad around. It is then in a blekin grip vue black the whole time.

I was thinking that I might need to shave down the movie pegs for them to fit with the case attached as I wouldn't want to have to take my ipad out of the case everytime I wanted to use them.
Great news is that they will work with the case attached. They don't fit all the way on but it is stable enough that it works. With the ipad out of the case naturally they fit all the way on.

I'm really thrilled with them so far at least. At last my iPad setup is completed (also have the power support anti glare screen)

I'll try put some pics up later if anyone is interested

prot0type

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2010
Ordered one earlier today. I still have my Twelve South Compass, but I'm looking for something lighter and compact which the MoviePeg may cover.

What's the shipping time from the UK to PA these days, 2 weeks?

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Took one look at that orange -- my favorite color! -- and promptly placed an order..... This looks like a really useful way of supporting one's iPad and also easy to transport when toting the iPad around.

ETA : mine arrived today and I am happily typing on my iPad right now. Really cool and simple concept that works a treat!

prot0type

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2010
Received mine yesterday and quite frankly, I think i prefer it over my twelve south compass. It's a little bigger than I expected but not so much where it's cumbersome to carry around so it still maintains ease in portability. What's also great is how many angles I can have the iPad set up for viewing as well as typing.

The one problem I did encounter and this may just be my set, but where you place the iPad, the edge protrudes just slightly. Not so much that it will damage the iPad but it does leave a feint indent in my screen protector. It's only noticeable after I remove the movie peg and it does go away within a few minutes. This could easily be remedied by sanding it down though.

I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a typing/viewing stand. Additionally, their customer service is quick to answer any questions you may have .

chotty

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2007
Disappointed

Just got a black pair this week and it simply does NOT "grab" the iPad correctly.
The material is too hard, not "rubbery" enough and the iPad immediately begins to slip away from these pegs. Making them basically useless... bummer. Great design, flawed material. Attempting to get my $ back.

chotty

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2007
Just got a black pair this week and it simply does NOT "grab" the iPad correctly.
The material is too hard, not "rubbery" enough and the iPad immediately begins to slip away from these pegs. Making them basically useless... bummer. Great design, flawed material. Attempting to get my $ back.

Update: They refunded my $ and told me to keep them. They work good with a sillicone skin but, as is, they slip away from the iPad. Not good in Portrait mode, as it could fall & break...

mark34

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2006
This looks clever and probably useful for general productivity or play, but I do think they would be incredibly distracting for video viewing, particularly in the bright colors. I try to tune everything around me out when watching a movie or TV show, but I think my eye would keep seeing these large orange blocks just off of the screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.