Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iEric

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2003
Has anyone used the USB 2.0 cord to transfer music via USB 1.1 to their iPod?

jxyama

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2003
iEric said:
Has anyone used the USB 2.0 cord to transfer music via USB 1.1 to their iPod?

yep, works fine. (i have a mini with USB 2.0 cord and a rev. A 12" PB that doesn't support USB 2.0.)

of course, it take a lot longer, but that's to be expected...

nominanuda

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2004
USB 2.0 Problems

I've had no problem tranferring from my computer using USB 1.1 (on my 20" apple flatscreen), but for some reason, transferring with USB 2.0 doesn't work on my G5 (dual 2.0) I have 10.3.5--I know there were some problems pre 10.3.4. Anyone else have a similar problem? (I haven't seen any mentions anywhere and I've looked pretty extensively) the usb ports work fine for USB 1.1 devices, but I don't have any other usb 2.0 devices to test.

jxyama

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2003
jackieonasses said:
Maybe his ports were blocked. i have 1 firewire port on my powerbook and if i have my camera on it that takes it up. Unless i want to daisy chain it of course.

yep, exactly.

i have one FW port on my PB and my music collection is on an external FW HD.

so just once, i copied my music onto my PB and synced most of the music to my iPod. i erased those from my PB and from here on, if i wanted to add a few songs here and there, i sync directly from external FW HD. USB1 is slow, but it's ok just for a few songs here and there.

iEric

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2003
Thanks. (I feel so stupid cause I found the article in Apple Support)
Anyways, I can't use firewire because i'm going to be using a PC for all of the transferring of files.

Thanks all!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.