Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
An upstate New York cat named Navarro was rescued Sunday night from the trunk of a car at a traffic stop, where he was marinating in oil and spices and on his way to becoming his owner's next meal.

Awww.

Police in Buffalo arrested 51-year-old Gary L. Korkuc after they pulled him over for blowing through a stop sign, and found four-year-old Navarro marinating in his trunk in a mixture of oil, crushed red peppers, chili pepper and salt. Spicy! So why would Korkuc want to eat his cat? According to a memo from the staff at the local SPCA, obtained by the Buffalo News, Korkuc said he no longer wanted Navarro because the cat was "possessive, greedy and wasteful." He told police that Navarro was mean to him. The memo added, "Do not under any circumstances adopt to this man ever again." Yeah, that's probably a good idea. Navarro has already been adopted by a family, and his new name is Oliver.

http://gawker.com/5609931/marinated-cat-rescued-from-car-trunk-before-becoming-owners-meal

500x_navarro.jpg

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Wow..... I mean if he want's to eat a cat, I don't think there is a law in NY that says he can't is there???

But he really needs learn how to marinate thou. I don't know how could the marinating would be if the cat is still alive and furry!

spillproof

macrumors 68020
Jun 4, 2009
USA
I thought you were not suppose to change an animal's name.

But anyway, glad the cat is safe. He must have smelled good though after the "bath"

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
The first clue that he's crazy was that he failed to kill the cat and dress the meat before marinating. Duh.

Although, that little screw-up obviously worked in the cat's favor!

I'm also curious what the man said that led to the police looking in his trunk...maybe he offered them grilled cat kabobs or something?

ouimetnick

macrumors 68040
Aug 28, 2008
Beverly, Massachusetts
The first clue that he's crazy was that he failed to kill the cat and dress the meat before marinating. Duh.

Although, that little screw-up obviously worked in the cat's favor!

I'm also curious what the man said that led to the police looking in his trunk...maybe he offered them grilled cat kabobs or something?

The video said the police heard a scratching sound coming from the guys trunk. And there was a cat in there making the scratching noise.

Ttownbeast

macrumors 65816
May 10, 2009
alf.jpg

Maybe its just a cultural issue, perhaps this guys ancestors have a traditional recipe for trunk marinated cat.

psycoswimmer

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2006
USA
My hometown's been so popular in national news recently... this, then the gang shooting downtown.. wonderful!

chrmjenkins

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2007
MD
Is it weird that I wonder why they popped the trunk?

The cat, hearing the officer's presence, politely requested that the officer come speak with him at the trunk. After making small talk about the weather and the smell of canned tuna, they mutually agreed that the cat's current state of bondage and indentured going to be served was not acceptable.

iJohnHenry

macrumors P6
Mar 22, 2008
On tenterhooks
The cat, hearing the officer's presence, politely requested that the officer come speak with him at the trunk. After making small talk about the weather and the smell of canned tuna, they mutually agreed that the cat's current state of bondage and indentured going to be served.

It is amazing, is it not, that several have failed to notice that the cat was alive. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.