Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yhellotharsir

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
OK so I ordered my iPhone 4 32GB on July 26th or 27th (I forget which).

Apple email I received upon verification said Ships: August 17, Delivers: August 20th.

So I had called up a few friends who are unemployed or not busy lately, and asked them if they would "house sit" for me that day and I'd pay them, take them to dinner, and all they have to do is sit on the couch, watch TV, and sign for my Fed Ex shipment!!!!

Easy right? I finally got a buddy to agree to it, that was his day off (the 20th).

Well I got an email today, say: "Good news, your iPhone is now shipping." Um okay... Now my delivery date is August 18th. WHAT?! Um that's not what I was told at the first email.

I specifically arranged to have my friend sign for my delivery on the 20th, the day Apple tells me it comes, and then they change it without my approval and I called my friend, he told me sorry he works on the 18th and so now I cannot have ANYBODY sign for me and I will NOT receive my iPhone that day!!

WTF option do I have? I need to know what I can do, Apple needs to get this straight with me. Very angry customer here! :mad:

marksman

macrumors 603
Jun 4, 2007
I understand why one would be MAD at Apple for shipping them their iPhone 2 days early.

It is horrible customer service and a horrible thing to do to someone.

I suggest you cancel the order and then call Apple up and tell them why.

As for the future, might figure out other arrangements for a delivery address where you don't have to require someone to house sit for you to receive delivers, that or don't get things shipped to your house. You could have had it shipped to the Apple store.

Why not just let Fedex try to deliver it. Leave them a note that you want them to hold it for you, and then you can go down to their shipping center the next day and pick it up.

jcole31

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2010
You are probably the only person that is going to complain that their phone is being delivered earlier than expected.

May 8, 2008

Apple email I received upon verification said Ships: August 17, Delivers: August 20th.

So I had called up a few friends who are unemployed or not busy lately, and asked them if they would "house sit" for me that day and I'd pay them, take them to dinner, and all they have to do is sit on the couch, watch TV, and sign for my Fed Ex shipment!!!!

Easy right? I finally got a buddy to agree to it, that was his day off (the 20th).

Well I got an email today, say: "Good news, your iPhone is now shipping." Um okay... Now my delivery date is August 18th. WHAT?! Um that's not what I was told at the first email.

I specifically arranged to have my friend sign for my delivery on the 20th, the day Apple tells me it comes, and then they change it without my approval and I called my friend, he told me sorry he works on the 18th and so now I cannot have ANYBODY sign for me and I will NOT receive my iPhone that day!!

WTF option do I have? I need to know what I can do, Apple needs to get this straight with me. Very angry customer here! :mad:

Call Apple or the delivery agent and ask them to move the date back. Let it sit in a warehouse somewhere for a couple of days. :rolleyes:

99.9% of people would be happy to get a package, especially an iPhone 4, earlier than expected.

jfyrfytr25

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2008
Let them attempt delivery on the 18th. They will leave a note and attempt again on the 19th. When you are not there on the 19th, they attempt one last time on the 20th (your original ship day) and your friend will be there to sign.

I have to say this is the whiniest thing I have ever heard in this board. You are mad at apple for shipping earlier than expected? Plus, you think they need to get your approval to change it to an EARLIER day?

Grow up a but and enjoy your iPhone,

I'll be waiting for the thread titled "this iP4 display is way too beautiful, damn you Apple!!!!!!!!!!!" on the day after your delivery.

spaceboots06

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2009
The Rotten Apple
Let them attempt delivery on the 18th. They will leave a note and attempt again on the 19th. When you are not there on the 19th, they attempt one last time on the 20th (your original ship day) and your friend will be there to sign.

I have to say this is the whiniest thing I have ever heard in this board. You are mad at apple for shipping earlier than expected? Plus, you think they need to get your approval to change it to an EARLIER day?

Grow up a but and enjoy your iPhone,

I'll be waiting for the thread titled "this iP4 display is way too beautiful, damn you Apple!!!!!!!!!!!" on the day after your delivery.

I think his complaint is within reason. For example, when people are in airplanes on the runway and are told that they might have to wait another fifteen minutes before taking flight everyone becomes dismayed and their emotions are cluttered with undue grouchiness because of unexpected arrangements they'll now have to make in their schedule. That is a fifteen minute time difference. A 48 hour difference is a little more significant.

jfyrfytr25

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2008
I think his complaint is within reason. For example, when people are in airplanes on the runway and are told that they might have to wait another fifteen minutes before taking flight everyone becomes dismayed and their emotions are cluttered with undue grouchiness because of unexpected arrangements they'll now have to make in their schedule. That is a fifteen minute time difference. A 48 hour difference is a little more significant.

Your analogy is not relevant. Yes, if a plane is delayed it is going to have neg. Effects. And if his package was coming 2 days later, I would understand. But it is coming 2day early. If he is not there on the 18th they will just keep trying. Then on the 20th there will be someone there just as originally planned and he will get it at the exact time he was promised. He does not even have to do anything. Furthermore, if he wants to go to the terminal on the 19th, after the first attempt, he can pick it up, not have to pay his friend and get his phone a day early. Either way, it is going to get there by the promised date or sooner. To complain about it coming early is ridiculous.

detroit1

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
this happenned with my 3gs last year..after the original launch i didnt have to sign for it and they just left it.

and if its that big of a deal how about asking a neighbor and leaving a note in the door directing them to said neighbors house. :eek:crazy i kno

jlpoore89

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2009
Beaumont, Texas
I bought my iPhone 4 in store so I'm not sure about this completely, but with every other Apple product I have ordered online and had shipped to my house, including launch day items (iPad, Snow Leopard), I was able to print and sign a pre-authorization sheet for them to leave it at the door or in a disclosed hidden location around my house.

Is this not the case with the iPhone 4? If this is possible why doesn't the OP quit whining and leave the form.

marcin0903

macrumors regular
May 9, 2009
On mine, it was written that ships 5 Aug, and delivery date was 19 Aug - I said WTF, I thought that this is impossible, but after 6 days, on 11th finally UPS carrier came with my iPhone :D

itsmemuffins

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010

Are you serious?!:eek:

You are pathetic, your post has made me absolutely furious!:mad:

People like YOU! Are what's wrong with society today.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005

Not even that. What I've done in the past is this.

Missed day 1 delivery. Called with door tag and requested to either have it delivered day 3 or held at location so I could pickup.

Difference was I either didn't have a tracking number or had to run out for a quick moment and missed them on first attempt. If you call you can probably just have them hold to the 20th for 1st attempt.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.