Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fuzzy.Dunlop

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 12, 2010
London
Feel kind of liberated. No more will I have to look at inane status updates or worry about my Mum/Dad/Nan seeing/knowing what I'm doing or have done

Will miss all the pics that the girls have posted from Ibiza this year but can live with that

there's also the fact that Facebook has gone from being a fun website to a thing that consumes peoples lives, I know some people who will only communicate through it, or live there lives by status updates

Zepaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
MN
This is relevant to my iPhone interests how?

I deleted mine a month ago but canceled it. I never use it so I wanted to get rid of it, but then I decided I might as well just let it keep sitting there.

adztaylor

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2009
Preston, UK
I think I'm one of the only people that never had a Facebook account. My mates tried to get me on it for ages and I never wanted to. I'm 22 and everyone who kept asking for my Facebook found it peculiar that I never had one.

I do have a Twitter account though, I like the simplicity of Twitter.

Corndog5595

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2010
Feel kind of liberated. No more will I have to look at inane status updates or worry about my Mum/Dad/Nan seeing/knowing what I'm doing or have done

Will miss all the pics that the girls have posted from Ibiza this year but can live with that

there's also the fact that Facebook has gone from being a fun website to a thing that consumes peoples lives, I know some people who will only communicate through it, or live there lives by status updates

/tweet

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
cookie.gif

your comment is better suited for the Community Discussion (or Wasteland) but not the iPhone section.

mikeheenan

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2007
I'm 32 and was an avid FB'er until my mom got into it. Now I update less and less (but I still check out the Feed to see what's going on with my friends). The one thing I don't like about FB is it has removed the personal connection you get with people. So instead of hearing the good news from your friend directly, you usually read about it on their page.

Orange™

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2010

Liberated??? I think you may need to get out a bit more, eh? :rolleyes:
Oh, and thanks for the Mac Rumors status update, try not to make this your new face book, OK? :p

Corndog5595

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2010
Facebook would become slightly usable if they removed 'liking' pages and added a few tabs for status updates.

- Self Serving
- Random Lyrics And Other Useless Bull...
- Stupid Videos
- “Text MEEEEEEE” Whores

oh, and also an, “I Might Be Slightly Interested In Reading These Ones” section.

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
Good for you OP. I would also, but just haven't found that one reason yet. I will sooner or later.

ri0ku

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2009
I dont have a Facbook account because im not a sado who spends their social time online through a stupid website....If I want to talk to my friends I ring them up and leave the house to go do something...

Anti Facebook since its launch! and proud!

I

iFanboy

The best part is where you deleted your FB and posted a status update on MacRumors.

Let's hope it catches on! :rolleyes:

IBradMac

macrumors 68000
Jun 27, 2008
Ohio
This is relevant to my iPhone interests how?

I deleted mine a month ago but canceled it. I never use it so I wanted to get rid of it, but then I decided I might as well just let it keep sitting there.

So you ask about the relevancy of his post then contribute to it?

ItsJustafnPhone

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2010

HEY GUYS I stopped drinking beer who wants to take a shot to celebrate

Wasteland this hypocritical crap

but before the lock

people like you remind me of the guy who made a big drama about closing their WOW account

PRIVACY and MODERATION

are those concepts to hard for this generation of kids to understand

Rithem

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2008
This is probably one of the most useless threads I've seen in a while.

feed the troll

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
yup or very immature adult

well i said that as i'm 30, my mum's on facebook and so is my grandmother, simply due to our family being large and spread out around the world, easy to share pics through it and whatnot.

thats only why i wanted to point out he may not be a kid. not disagreeing with the immature part.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
I've got no problem with Facebook. As long as you don't friend everyone you've met and only do good friends/people you actually want to keep in touch with it's fine. Maybe that's why I don't get all the idiotic posts people complain about, or maybe I'm just lucky. *shrugs*

Anyway, I find it quite useful to keep in touch with old friends I no longer live near or have their number.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.