Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmarie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 21, 2010
Hey I have the iPod touch 1st genaration with the up-to-date 2.2.1 firmware!
I recently decided jailbreaking my ipod so i can get the new 3.0 firmware without paying!
But im having a problem with the Jailbreaking part. Im using Quickpwn which seems to be the ONLY jailbreaking program for my ipod. I know exactly how to do it, from the back of my hand just from seeing different threads and tutorials. But i have one small problem, My Windows XP (with a netframe of 4.0) will not open up Quickpwn , i've tried up to a thousand different downloads from different sites, and i'm tired of seeing "Quickpwn has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. over and over again! I've seen similar posts like this and all the reply's are saying just to use a different computer. i have a Linux Laptop but i dont know if Quickpwn or Itunes for that matter even works with that operating system , So if you KNOW any download links that Quickpwn uses for linux and the same for itunes , or even other helpful tips, i would greatly appreciate it !

xoxo-Dmarie;)

EllieV

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2010
Hey I have the iPod touch 1st genaration with the up-to-date 2.2.1 firmware!
I recently decided jailbreaking my ipod so i can get the new 3.0 firmware without paying!
But im having a problem with the Jailbreaking part. Im using Quickpwn which seems to be the ONLY jailbreaking program for my ipod. I know exactly how to do it, from the back of my hand just from seeing different threads and tutorials. But i have one small problem, My Windows XP (with a netframe of 4.0) will not open up Quickpwn , i've tried up to a thousand different downloads from different sites, and i'm tired of seeing "Quickpwn has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. over and over again! I've seen similar posts like this and all the reply's are saying just to use a different computer. i have a Linux Laptop but i dont know if Quickpwn or Itunes for that matter even works with that operating system , So if you KNOW any download links that Quickpwn uses for linux and the same for itunes , or even other helpful tips, i would greatly appreciate it !

xoxo-Dmarie;)

you should take this to the ipod touch subforum of hacks.
(I wouldn't recommend jailbreaking, like do you really need it? An it DOES compromise security and stuff, but let's not get into that argument)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.