Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
I tried to add the http://Repo.benm.at/ repo to try out Frash and it failed. Now when I open up Cydia I'm getting an error message every time (see screenshot). I don't understand why I'm getting an error message though because the repo isn't even listed in my list of sources. Any idea how I can get rid of the error message?

Attachments

• photo-2.PNG
    photo-2.PNG
    369.3 KB · Views: 365

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
You entered the repo address incorrectly, so it cannot load into Cydia and you cannot remove it via Cydia.

You will have to SSH into your phone and manually remove the bad repo.

If you added a source that causes Cydia to crash, this will help you remove the buggy source you added.

You will need an ftp/sftp client. [WinSCP for Windows/Cyberduck for Mac]

1. SSH into your iPhone/iPod, hopefully you know how to do that.

2. Go to the root of your iPhone/iPod [/].

3. Navigate to /etc/apt/sources.list.d/cydia.list

4. Download the Cydia.list to your computer and open it using any text editor.

5. Delete the source you added. For example, "deb http://www.iphone.org.hk/apt/ ./" if this is the source you want to delete, simply delete that one line. NOT THE WHOLE DOCUMENT. Make sure you save the document as is. We are NOT adding any extensions.

6. Drag the saved document into the sources.list.d folder and replace the file.

7. Re-spring.

mphayvanh

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2010
That repo is no longer valid. I was able to use that repo to install frash. I removed it because of those errors. Btw frash was great.

macslayer118

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2008
Dallas, TX
I have successfully used this method to remove XSellize repo that I apparently put in wrong, but every time I add or remove a repo Xsellize comes back. Does anyone know why or how to stop it? It's getting really annoying to have to edit this file every time :confused:

detronic

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2010

had the same problem, fixed the same problem with this thread, thank you much

Lazer90210

macrumors newbie
Aug 15, 2010
I'm getting the same error when I add ispazio repo. I want to be able to download/be notified of the release of the updated LiveClock, Weather Icon and Rotation Inhibitor.

Anyone had any luck with getting ispazio repo working on 4.0.1?

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
I'm getting the same error when I add ispazio repo. I want to be able to download/be notified of the release of the updated LiveClock, Weather Icon and Rotation Inhibitor.

Anyone had any luck with getting ispazio repo working on 4.0.1?

I have ispazio on 4.0.1. The site is probably down when you’re trying to add it.

To others: another way to fix repp errors is using Cyfix (an executable from Cydia for using in Mobile Terminal), which can get rid of even the errors that editing the Cydia.list file doesn’t fix.

FireSokar

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2010
I have ispazio on 4.0.1. The site is probably down when you’re trying to add it.

To others: another way to fix repp errors is using Cyfix (an executable from Cydia for using in Mobile Terminal), which can get rid of even the errors that editing the Cydia.list file doesn’t fix.

I used Cyfix two weeks ago when myrepospace was spazzing out. Just know you must use from within mobile terminal or a ssh connection because the Optional GUI that is offered does not properly work on ios 4

nozebleed

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2008
You entered the repo address incorrectly, so it cannot load into Cydia and you cannot remove it via Cydia.

You will have to SSH into .........

this works until you add a new repo, then the bad comes back. its buried deep in the phone

I used Cyfix two weeks ago when myrepospace was spazzing out. Just know you must use from within mobile terminal or a ssh connection because the Optional GUI that is offered does not properly work on ios 4

this. cyfix from xsellize repo - run with mobile term for the permanent fix

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.