Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lordonuthin

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
well i don't know for the mac pros specifically, but we have a good estimate with other machines running the same processors

profit sharing?

Yeah, we get some cash every year based on the profit the company made. It's not a lot but would make a nice down payment on a new machine.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
Yeah, we get some cash every year based on the profit the company made. It's not a lot but would make a nice down payment on a new machine.

oh, ok i gotcha. not bad.

there is a local apple reseller here that takes trades. i'm thinking about trading in my current mac pro for a new one. it's still a lot of money out of pocket though, so i'm not sure yet.

my current 2006 mac pro is producing about 17K ppd right now

lordonuthin

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
oh, ok i gotcha. not bad.

there is a local apple reseller here that takes trades. i'm thinking about trading in my current mac pro for a new one. it's still a lot of money out of pocket though, so i'm not sure yet.

my current 2006 mac pro is producing about 17K ppd right now

Man, you could trounce me for ppd if you did that. I can't decide if I should trade or try to keep my 2009 mac pro.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
Man, you could trounce me for ppd if you did that. I can't decide if I should trade or try to keep my 2009 mac pro.

yeah but again, that's a lot of money. i think i'd have to sell another system also if i did it. but your mac pro can handle bigadv unit already. mine is too old

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.