Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cAPS lOCK

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2009
Does anyone else notice fonts in Google Chrome don't look as good as they do in other browsers like FF and Safari? They look cramped and unkerned. Am I the only one? It's distracting after coming from FF and preventing me from using it. Though that's not the only reason. I do like the speed of Chrome though.

entatlrg

macrumors 68040
Mar 2, 2009
Waterloo & Georgian Bay, Canada
Yea, I noticed the fonts are different too. They seem stubbier and wider. Seems easy enough to read, but takes some getting used to.

I've never tried to change the font style, might be a solution.

I like the speed of Chrome as well, not using FF as
much as I used to.

kasakka

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2008
Tried Safari and Chrome side by side and the fonts at least in this thread look exactly the same. Firefox however looks noticeably worse, fonts are slightly blurrier. Apparently it's because it uses the default font rendering of OSX whereas Safari and Chrome use the Webkit rendering engine's own, better looking font rendering. Why all the rest of OSX doesn't use this I have no idea.

jimleszczynski

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2008
Mount Pleasant, MI
Opening this back up....

please see attached photos...

I've throughly looked into the font preferences. They have been altered for the fix & I still seem to be having this problem. Look at this threads differences.

Another thing to note. I am using Suitecase Fusion 3 (some other forums made mention of it, but no clarity)

Note the differences in the fonts. Chrome is the serif, Safari is the sans-serif.

Any. help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-06-12 at 3.00.37 AM.png
    Screen shot 2011-06-12 at 3.00.37 AM.png
    51.7 KB · Views: 126
  • Screen shot 2011-06-12 at 3.00.55 AM.png
    Screen shot 2011-06-12 at 3.00.55 AM.png
    58.1 KB · Views: 128
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.