Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mellocakes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2010
Hi,

I really have tried everything that i could find on forums and blogposts about getting the right driver for the sound. But nothing works.

I have an iMac 27" from May this year, I installed windows 7 with boot camp 3.0, and did everything as described. Every driver worked, exept the sound driver. I upraded boot camp to version 3.1, but without succes, I also tried to reinstall the drivers for several times from my Leopard os x disk.

But nothing seems to work.

When I open up the configuration for the sound, the thing says there is no device founded.
I even tried other music boxes, but with no succes.

Has anyone advice?

Cheerio,

Mellocakes

(Now I remember why I choose a mac, there is no driver-rubbish. It just WORKS :D)

vistadude

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2010
Well windows plays sounds without any drivers. That probably means the apple drive you installed was no good. Perhaps you need the 64 bit driver.

mellocakes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2010
Well windows plays sounds without any drivers. That probably means the apple drive you installed was no good. Perhaps you need the 64 bit driver.

I have Windows 7 in 32 bit.

The problem is that Windows cant't find any speakers, boxes, and even the build-in boxes from my iMac. When I open the control panel for "sound" in the configuration menu, I can see that there isn't any device installed.

How do I fix this? Should I get other drivers?

mellocakes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2010
I have also tried installing the following drivers from the realtek site:

* Vista, Windows7 Driver (32/64bits) Driver only (Executable file) R2.51
And all the others with windows 7 on it..

*ATI HDMI Audio Device R2.49
-> This driver won't install properly: Just before it's finishing it says:

---------------------------
Realtek High Definition Audio Driver - InstallShield Wizard
Er wordt geen stuurprogramma ondersteund in deze stuurprogrammabundel.
//There is no support for this OS in this OS bundel (i think it's translated in this way)//
OK

ANd, I also have noticed, that when i go in program files > Realtek > the .exe program won't do anything. I'm wondering if the driver does install correctly?

mellocakes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2010
Here is an image:
naamloosis.png

Kingdaddy

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2010
No sound with Windows 7 and Bootcamp

I'm running a late 2009 quad core i5 iMac and I'm having the same problem. On the phone with Apple right now. Also having display problems with my external 27" monitor, but after I run the ATI file it goes away. Only problem is I seem to have to run the ATI setup file every time I reboot in Windows.

I just ran the Apple Software update on the Windows 7 side, and it appears there is an update to BootCamp, version 3.1. Downloading that now to see if it will help. It's big - 274.58 MB!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.