Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Grayburn

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 12, 2010
England
Installed the above via Cydia last night and i cant really notice any difference, anyone else installed it and whats your opinion if you have?

spamdumpster

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2008
Installed the above via Cydia last night and i cant really notice any difference, anyone else installed it and whats your opinion if you have?

Did you activate it in winterboard? Not sure why, but the instructions say you have to do this.

fuzion11

macrumors 65816
Sep 24, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
I want to install this but am scared to put my phone into a fit of safe mode again....man I hate when that happens!

So does anyone notice a difference in volume anywhere through out the OS?

Or is this just a placebo app, just like volume boost 3.0??

Grayburn

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 12, 2010
England
I want to install this but am scared to put my phone into a fit of safe mode again....man I hate when that happens!

So does anyone notice a difference in volume anywhere through out the OS?

Or is this just a placebo app, just like volume boost 3.0??

It didn't put mine into safe mode, if it did i wouldn't be posting about it, it would have been removed.

Grayburn

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 12, 2010
England
Have you been looking for any changes in volume since your last post?

Still no difference Gray?

No i haven't, i installed it last night and I couldn't tell any difference this morning on the way to work, and i had the volume at maximum.

bengtc

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2008
Using an iPhone 4 and the app doesn't boost the volume one bit(yes I activated it via winterboard)

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
if they really worked we would have had various posts of people w/ blown out speakers....:rolleyes:

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
if they really worked we would have had various posts of people w/ blown out speakers....:rolleyes:

They don’t work, because they don’t raise the volume enough to notice (for that very reason). This is what works:

https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/8067771/

I used this on my 3G and noticed a difference. For the iPhone 4, the volume is already perfect (due to a change in the way speakers are built into the hardware, IMO), so I haven’t seen the need to edit the plist files. I changed the numbers to 10 in the plist files in that post above.

Bandolier

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2010
They don’t work, because they don’t raise the volume enough to notice (for that very reason). This is what works:

https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/8067771/

I used this on my 3G and noticed a difference. For the iPhone 4, the volume is already perfect (due to a change in the way speakers are built into the hardware, IMO), so I haven’t seen the need to edit the plist files. I changed the numbers to 10 in the plist files in that post above.

No, you've posted that before and it was confirmed to not work on iPhone 4.

I can confirm it does work. I've been looking for a Volume Boost for iPhone 4 since the jailbreak's release. Before, level 40 volume in my car was nearly inaudible. Now, it's a pretty comfortable volume. I did a before and after test and it IS in fact louder. It's probably not too discernable if you listen to the iPhone 4's speakers but it you can tell if you have a volume dial that you're used to and you don't have to turn the volume up as much.

ivan300

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2010
grab another iphone, download one of the decibel meters. Measure 3-4 times before and 3-4 times after the mod is activated.

Grayburn

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 12, 2010
England
There was an update yesterday on Cydia, installed it but still no noticible difference through my Sennheisers.

Orion126

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2010
I had this installed and not only did it not work but it did take a lot of RAM.

I have OCD about RAM usage so I did notice a difference.

navigates

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
Looking fir an iPad volume boost with oplayerhd? Any suggestions ? I have tried all on cydia and none of them work

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.