Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yunhobest

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2010
I really need a free Gif animator for mac.

I have tried Gif Fun, but it makes the transparent part black, so no.

GifBuilder doesn't even load a new file, what the heck?

I don't know how to use Photoshop to make animations. If I press 'save for web devices', there's no save button. It's Adobe CS5 for mac, I don't know how to do it.

Also, no demos/trials either.

Anyone?

eponym

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2010
Making animated GIFs in Photoshop is easy.

Create a working PSD file. Have the 'Animation' palette open and set to Frame Animation if it's not already (there's a little button in the bottom right of the palette to toggle timeline/frame modes).

Create your animation by adding frames and showing/hiding layers for a given frame. You can also automatically tween between frames and do other automated tasks using the palette menus.

Save for web. Choose GIF and you're golden.

yunhobest

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2010
I have said, that in 'save for web and devices' there is no save button. I can't find it. Don't call me an idiot, because there isn't one.

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
I have said, that in 'save for web and devices' there is no save button. I can't find it. Don't call me an idiot, because there isn't one.

No one calls you an idiot.

Does your SAVE TO WEB dialog not look like this?

16htapt.png

Btw, GifBuilder, even though a bit older, worked quite okay for me, I could add and remove frames. That's how I built my current avatar.

What exact Mac OS X version do you use?

yunhobest

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2010
Well it looks like that, except the buttons below are cut off. When I enlarge the box, only the dark grey part (The one with the picture) Expands/shrinks, and therefore cannot gain access to those buttons.

yunhobest

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2010
The resolution is the highest: 1280X800.

I am using Photoshop CS5 Extended (Legit copy)

Something very strange happening, it actually is now showing the save button. Hate when things go right when I have to prove it, it feels like I'm lying or something.

I'll post later when it becomes weird again.

EDIT: I found out why it was cut off. It was because my dock was too big. If I made my dock 'hiding', then it would show, but since I normally don't make it hide, it becomes cut off.

FourCandles

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2009
England
I'm wondering if this is a bug in Photoshop CS5.

See this earlier thread, where the poster had a similar problem with the HDR dialog scree - i.e. no "OK and "Back' button appearing.

EDIT: sorry, didn't see the last post until I'd posted this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.