Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kirgan

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2010
Manchester, UK
BTO is built to order. so any added hi-res screens, 7200 hard drive, or other custom options. I guess they would take longer.

Mine still just says "Shipment Dispatched"... theres no tracking number or courier details yet... urgh, I am so impatient!

Ah, I got the base 15" i5. Only thing I added was the hi-res glossy screen.

24cgnzr.png

Thats how mine currently looks.

Hopefully yours gets more details soon :/

i-v-a-1

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2010
BTO is built to order. so any added hi-res screens, 7200 hard drive, or other custom options. I guess they would take longer.

Mine still just says "Shipment Dispatched"... theres no tracking number or courier details yet... urgh, I am so impatient!

oh maan same here!
it's just sooo frusstrating!!
what's you MBP BTO spec?

gilljoy

macrumors member
Dec 6, 2009
finally got my macbook pro yesterday after many many months of waiting,

got the base 13" model, wanted a small laptop for uni and chose this one over the macbook for the extra ram and backlit keyboard.

loving it so far completly converted to using osx, tho gota keep windows for gaming.

XT9116

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2008
I got my first Mac and its a MBP13

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I got my first Mac because I am a Graphic Communications Management Major at UW-Stout. I got a MacBook Pro 13" and it is pretty incredible.

I am upgrading from my home PC, which is a Dell Precision 380 (I think) and I am coming from a 3ghz Pentium D with 2gb. This computer pretty easily beats that with a 2.4ghz Core2Duo and 4gb of ram. I really like the design of this computer.

Probably my favorite thing about this computer is the placement of the vent. Unlike almost every other laptop I have seen, the vents are not placed on the bottom of the computer, but where inside the hinge. Not only does the computer not get very hot, but I haven't heard the fan yet.

Another thing I have really been enjoying, that may not let me go back to a PC would be the multitouch trackpad and the gestures that you can do with it. I especially like expose. Four Fingers down to see my open apps, four fingers up to see my desktop, it is genius for multitasking now and when I will be doing a lot more design stuff.

The design of this computer is fantastic, I really can tell they put a ton of time into this computer. I can see why this computer is considered one of the best by CNet.

I was hoping to hear what other people enjoy most about their MacBook, maybe I will learn something new :)

PS- if this is the wrong forum to post into, please move :)

Raggy

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2010
London, UK
Well, I ordered a 15" i7 and a 17" i7 turned up. Great. Another 2 weeks to wait for the right one! I was considering keeping it, but with all the bells and whistles I'd ordered for the 15", the 17" worked out cheaper! :rolleyes:

macrumors 6502
Aug 17, 2010
For anyone in the uk thinking of buying a pro Amazon.co.uk seem to be cheap at the moment. I just ordered a 13 inch 2.4 version for £895 including next day delivery before 1pm... Comes with all their amazon prime extras as well if you have that service as well.

Not sure where to post this sort of thing so wrote it here!

Iphone3gs

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2009
cheaper from apple

For anyone in the uk thinking of buying a pro Amazon.co.uk seem to be cheap at the moment. I just ordered a 13 inch 2.4 version for £895 including next day delivery before 1pm... Comes with all their amazon prime extras as well if you have that service as well.

Not sure where to post this sort of thing so wrote it here!

from apple refreb store mbp 2.4ghz, 250Gb hardrive, = £849

or education discount comes to £849...£130 rebate from ipod touch, £70 off rebate...offer just ended for the other items ipod touch and printer

iGoogler

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2009
Just ordered my 17" i7 MBP w/ SSD and AntiGlare display with 2-3 days shipping. Stoked.... Heading off to hibernate for a few days. :apple:

Songsport

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2010
Dashboard

On my dashboard, I have a weather widget that is set up by default to give me weather in Los Angeles. I don't live in L.A. How can I change this thing so it shows me my local weather? I have clicked on it, secondarily clicked on it, gone to "preferences" and tried EVERYTHING, and I just don't get it.
Then again, three weeks ago I was a Windows guy, and I am really glad to be here...
Thanks for any help anyone can give me.:)

Raggy

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2010
London, UK
My 15" i7 500GB HDD 8GB ram High res anti-glare just arrived (The correct one this time) Its the first time I've EVER used a Mac and if the edges weren't so sharp, I'd actually want to make love to it. :p You can probably get arrested in some states for that, so maybe i wont. Plus I don't think there's an external port for that.

Piplodocus

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2008
On my dashboard, I have a weather widget that is set up by default to give me weather in Los Angeles. I don't live in L.A. How can I change this thing so it shows me my local weather? I have clicked on it, secondarily clicked on it, gone to "preferences" and tried EVERYTHING, and I just don't get it.
Then again, three weeks ago I was a Windows guy, and I am really glad to be here...
Thanks for any help anyone can give me.:)

If you hover over it do you get a little "i" in the bottom right corner of it? Click it!

Songsport

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2010
Dashboard Problem Solved

Thank you and God bless you, Piplodocus. Worked like a charm.
Thanks again.:)
Songsport

adespain

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2010
Got my 15" i5 exactly two weeks ago and it's one of the best purchases I've made. I love the battery life because I'm at work/doing research/in class all day long (I'm in graduate school) and it lasts forever. I'm so impressed and happy that I made the switch from being a 100% pc guy.

sampage

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2010
Ordered a 13'' 2.4 MBP this morning, battery life is what's exciting me the most. My current Macbook1,1 only holds about an hour of charge on a good day.

jfield44

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2010
ordered a 15 inch i7 with hi res glossy on the 3rd said it shipped on the 7th but since then ive just had In transit to final destination - carrier details to be updated shortly.

Im eagerly awaiting it to be delivered, apple think it wont be here till the 21st which seems like an awful long time considering it is already in transit??

Free ipod as well.

I really hope it does arrive before then as I am off to University on the 24th!!

Stevolution

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2010
Mine came this morning at 9am. I'm so excited to play around with it and i'm probably going to be stuck at home for a couple days haha :D

MrSoloDolo

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2010
Finally bought my 13" MBP...i love it! got it on saturday night thanks to the 24 hour 5th avenue store here in the city this is the best thing i own besides my iphone 4 of course lol

THENIZZZEIL

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2009
Cerritos, Ca
picking up my 13" mbp from MC in tustin...$999 new! and i thought amazon was always teh best price!

can't wait to play with it!

Any suggestions for a case that wont build up dirt/dust in the cracks..i was thinking about the WRAPSOL, but i actually want a hardcase as well..perhaps both?
:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.