Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mk1ap

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 22, 2009
Mod Note: This thread was spit from the original due to issues with thread display for very long threads.

After saving for a bit purchased a 17" MBP glossy i5 at a local apple store on the 23rd and returned it 2 days later for a 15" i7 hi res AG. Realized the 17" felt too big on my lap and that glossy was a big 17" mirror. I'm a happy camper with this 15.:D

AnnaCody

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2010
CAPE COD
After saving for a bit purchased a 17" MBP glossy i5 at a local apple store on the 23rd and returned it 2 days later for a 15" i7 hi res AG. Realized the 17" felt too big on my lap and that glossy was a big 17" mirror. I'm a happy camper with this 15.

Congrats on your new Mac....I'm curious....how much did they charge for the restocking fee when you did the exchange? My local shop charges 15% but they don't mention exchanges. They charge that on the AppleCare too which surprised me but he said that requires a lot of paper work too. I'm a business owner too so I can sorta understand that.

Thanks,
AC

PittsDriver

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2010
Just ordered my MBP 13in base. I can't wait to get it. It is my first Mac. I have had every iPhone, and several iPods.

decoyman

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2010
.....little things like that go a long way with me.

Welcome to the ranks! :) It's the little touches that make a big difference in the long run. Magsafe, best trackpad in the biz, unibody... people always overlook these types of things in "compare the prices of Mac/PC lol" threads.

My new MBP should be here today! Out on the truck for delivery! :D It'll replace my over 4-year old MBP (Core Duo 2.16Ghz!).

Still a little sad to let the old fellow go... :eek:

theMilesP

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2010
I orders my MacBook pro on Friday. Got confirmation and everything on Friday but it has been stuck on Billing Informaton Recieved since then with no update.

Ordered it to Canada (Vancouver).. How long am I looking at waiting.

Also... My iPod keeps being updated and it's already in the US while being shipped on saturday

NickGreenbank

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2010
London, UK
exactly the same here!
ours would probably be on the same shipment then?

have you got any carrier/tracking details up yet?

No nothing yet :(
this is what I've got:
Carrier Tracking Number
In transit to final destination - carrier details to be updated shortly.
Assigned Carrier
In transit to final destination - carrier details to be updated shortly.

sucks that it is taking so long, wasn't yours shipped on the same day as mine as well, the 25th? I'm hoping for some carrier details soon, and I would love for the estimated delivery date to be a bit sooner :)

fcortese

macrumors demi-god
Apr 3, 2010
Big Sky country
this is what I've got:

sucks that it is taking so long, wasn't yours shipped on the same day as mine as well, the 25th? I'm hoping for some carrier details soon, and I would love for the estimated delivery date to be a bit sooner :)

Nick and i-v-a-1: Man, I can really feel for you guys! I don't get the problem with shipping to the UK, unless it takes longer going against the jet stream or traveling East?? Or maybe, it just that you have to go through so many different countries prior to getting into the Euro market. Paperwork, paperwork. In the US, it's China to The west coast, clear customs then onto the destination. Anyway, be sure to let us all know when you get yours. I've had mine for a week now (please, I am not trying to rub this in) and I am enjoying it immensely so I hope the both of your get yours delivered SOON! Hang in there.

highADP

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2009
Seattle, USA
Same here, Sep 1st. Now it's "In transit" from Shanghai. However, it's possible that it will arrive sooner than that. I bought an iPod touch together with MBP. It was delivered one day earlier than the estimate from FedEx!!

Delivered :D:D:D (2 days earlier than the ETA)

i-v-a-1

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2010
this is what I've got:

yeah it was shipped on the same dayy..that's exactly the same thing that i've got!

It's really frustrating isn't it! I think ours may come on the same day as i only live around 45mins north of london. :)
sooo if anything does update i'll let you kow :p

Just pressed the Griffin stylus down on "place order" for a refurbished 15" Macbook Pro i7 2.66 Hi-res Anti-glare.

In the last 12 months Apple have won me over in so many ways - thanks Steve for making a "ding" in my world.....!

Must stop checking the order status page every 2 mins.

Just arrived :) but I promised my wife that I would open it with her..... the only problem is that she is at work until 6pm this evening and I am "working from home" - why oh why do we make such rash promises. I can hear it sitting in the box and calling to me :eek:

i-v-a-1

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2010
Just arrived :) but I promised my wife that I would open it with her..... the only problem is that she is at work until 6pm this evening and I am "working from home" - why oh why do we make such rash promises. I can hear it sitting in the box and calling to me :eek:

heyy when did you place the order?
was the mac BTO?
:)
still waiting for the carrier details to be updated as now the shipping status says:
"In transit to customer - Shipment on schedule" !!!! :D:apple::D

heyy when did you place the order?
was the mac BTO?
still waiting for the carrier details to be updated as now the shipping status says:
"In transit to customer - Shipment on schedule" !!!! :D:apple::D

Ordered on Thursday pm (UK time) ready for shipping by midnight but then stuck at UPS depot from Fri pm until this morning (Tues). MacBook Pro was a refurb - had a BTO ready to commit to and then one popped up on the UK site for over £300 less. With no trip to the States until Nov I couldn't wait :p

i-v-a-1

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2010
Woo mine arrived today, 1 day earlier than ETA :). Sooo happy with it so far, and hey, even posting from it now :D

yay!!!
what was the shipping status of your MBP when it was delivered?
aaand when did you order it?
Custom built?
:p

Kirgan

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2010
Manchester, UK
yay!!!
Custom built?

"Status:
Delivered "

Also, where it was delivered to, and proof of delivery. I ordered it on Thursday night..26th..I think? And only thing I added was hi-res glossy screen. :p

NickGreenbank

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2010
London, UK
yay!!!
Custom built?

seems everyone who ordered AFTER us is getting it SOONER haha :| :|
ours will definately be delivered on the same day, I live around the same distance from London, and my status changed to
"Current Delivery Status In Transit to Customer - Shipment on Schedule 31 Aug 2010" as well. Definately in the same shipment!! I'm hoping for an earlier ETA though, still stuck on the 7th :(

i-v-a-1

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2010
seems everyone who ordered AFTER us is getting it SOONER haha :| :|
ours will definately be delivered on the same day, I live around the same distance from London, and my status changed to
"Current Delivery Status In Transit to Customer - Shipment on Schedule 31 Aug 2010" as well. Definately in the same shipment!! I'm hoping for an earlier ETA though, still stuck on the 7th :(

my dad's been investigating what "In transit to Customer - Shipment on Schedule"
COULD mean that it will be arriving in the next few dayss
hopefullyy:confused:

i-v-a-1

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2010
"Status:
Delivered "

Also, where it was delivered to, and proof of delivery. I ordered it on Thursday night..26th..I think? And only thing I added was hi-res glossy screen. :p

How did it come so quickly?!

YAY that' it's come hon but how?!

Kirgan

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2010
Manchester, UK
How did it come so quickly?!

YAY that' it's come hon but how?!

I honestly have no idea. In the early hours of sunday morning, it flew from Korea, to Kazakstahn, and to Germany. It stayed in Germany all day / night Monday because it was UK Summer Bank holiday, so most employment had a day off. In the early hours of this morning it flew from Germany to England with a status message of "Scheduled delivery date: 1st Sept" then "Updated: Delivery : 31/8/2010"

So they must have got it over to England quicker than they expected :)

theMilesP

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2010
So my status on my mbp just changed. Finally. I ordered FRiday morning and now the estimate receiving date is sept 3.

Anyway it'll come before that? It says departure scan from Concorde ontario and I live in Vancouver.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.