Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MaCamZa

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
England, United Kingdom
After looking into previous generations of the iPhone and iPod's i came to this conclusion on what is unlikely to be added to the iPod Touch 4th Gen; that is likely to be revealed tomorrow :apple:

If your not sure why some of the feutures below won't be added into the next iPod Touch 4G, leave a comment below...

** NOT INTENDED TO START ANY ARGUMENTS, JUST MY OPINIONS **

HD Camera Abilities
Camera Flash
iPhone 4 Design
3G Version
GPS
Compass
Multi-Color Options
128GB Option
SD Card Slot

^^ Those are the main features that the community have been speculating to be in the upcoming iPod Touch, however, i am certain that these features will not be present. If any of you are wondering, my predication of added features are as follows;

iPod Touch 4G (32GB/64GB)

Dual VGA Cameras
A4 Processor
Retina Display

Authentic Design (Different from iPhone)
Integrated Mic.
Gyroscope
Better Battery Life
(Depending on the amount of space inside of the iPod)

Pricing: $299/$399 (£249/£349)
(For 3rd Gen Base Model: $199/£152)

Skyhigh223

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2009
I think it will get the iPhone design, HD video and a flash. We shall see tomorrow.

Everything else I agree with.

MaCamZa

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
England, United Kingdom
I think it will get the iPhone design, HD video and a flash. We shall see tomorrow.

Everything else I agree with.

The only thing i'm curious about, is that Apple don't want to override the iPhone. Think about it, if these features were added, including the one's that you want (iPhone Design, HD Video and Flash), then the iPod Touch 4G would demolish the iPhone 3GS' features. The only diff. would actually only be the 3G and the Phone ability, and most people would rather go for the iPod Touch seeing as people these days and finding more and more ways of calling via the iPod.

Just saying, but hey! Only 1 day 54mins left :) Can't Wait :eek:

UltimateSyn

macrumors 601
Mar 3, 2008
Massachusetts
Well, I'm hoping for the 5MP HD camera on tomorrow's iPod touch, but I know it's highly unlikely. :(

As for the compass and GPS, I think those are a slight possibility, because the WiFi iPad has both of those things, but it's more likely to come in the iPod touch 5.

My predictions are:
  • A4 w/ 512MB RAM
  • 802.11n
  • Gyroscope
  • 3MP rear-camera w/ VGA video & tap-to-focus
  • VGA front-camera
  • Retina Display
  • Microphone
  • Aluminum backing
Roughly 24 hours to go!

TorontoLRT

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2010
Toronto, Duh!
After looking into previous generations of the iPhone and iPod's i came to this conclusion on what is unlikely to be added to the iPod Touch 4th Gen; that is likely to be revealed tomorrow :apple:

If your not sure why some of the feutures below won't be added into the next iPod Touch 4G, leave a comment below...

** NOT INTENDED TO START ANY ARGUMENTS, JUST MY OPINIONS **

HD Camera Abilities
Camera Flash
iPhone 4 Design
3G Version
GPS
Compass
Multi-Color Options
128GB Option
SD Card Slot

^^ Those are the main features that the community have been speculating to be in the upcoming iPod Touch, however, i am certain that these features will not be present. If any of you are wondering, my predication of added features are as follows;

iPod Touch 4G (32GB/64GB)

Dual VGA Cameras
A4 Processor
Retina Display

Integrated Mic.
Gyroscope
Better Battery Life

I basically agree, although I'd love an iPhone 4 design or HD video.

MaCamZa

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
England, United Kingdom
I basically agree, although I'd love an iPhone 4 design or HD video.

We'd all love an iPhone 4 design and HD video, but let's face the fact and not get our hopes up and that all in all, its not gonna happen. It's better to be happy at the end of the revealing and not be disappointed by the fact that there's no new design or theres no dual cameras, etc.

At the end of the day, its a upgrade and not the same as before.

Technology Evolves... (In Our case, very very slowly...)

MaCamZa

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
England, United Kingdom
Well, I'm hoping for the 5MP HD camera on tomorrow's iPod touch, but I know it's highly unlikely. :(

As for the compass and GPS, I think those are a slight possibility, because the WiFi iPad has both of those things, but it's more likely to come in the iPod touch 5.

My predictions are:
  • A4 w/ 512MB RAM
  • 802.11n
  • Gyroscope
  • 3MP rear-camera w/ VGA video & tap-to-focus
  • VGA front-camera
  • Retina Display
  • Microphone
  • Aluminum backing
Roughly 24 hours to go!

^^ Agreed on the predictions part, not sure bout Aluminium Backing seeing as its not part of the iPad family, more iPod/iPhone, so hopefully a whole new design? **Fingers-Crossed** Altho i reckon Apple designers are worn out from completely re-designing the iPhone 4.

The one bit i didn't agree on, was the Compass and GPS. The reason why people go for the iPhone, is not only for the Phone, but also for the GPS and Compass as well as for the design. Now if they included these features in the iPod, then why pay out nearly an extra $350/£300 worth of wonga, for wat like, only the phone feature? Not worth it m8, so thats proberly my reason why they would keep it on iPhone and iPad only.

Just so pumped up for tomorrow tho :D

Derkatwork

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2010
Milwaukee
Dual VGA Cameras
A4 Processor
Retina Display

Integrated Mic.
Gyroscope
Better Battery Life

I'm ok with you having your opinions (which I agree with mostly). One thing though, why dual VGA? Would the back camera not be able to take still shots? I would be very happy with the "could come true" list, but I think it would be a slap in the face to not have their flagship PMP not have still shots. Heck, the 1G iphones camera would be good enough for me.

SoraLimit

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2010
Dual VGA Camera? I think we'll at least get the iPhone 3GS camera on the back.

Other then that, I agree with your post.

Derkatwork

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2010
Milwaukee
My bad, i meant that It will have VGA video only, and 3.2MP Camera for Still images.

I'm updating regardless of features. However, I think it will be hilarious to no end if there is no camera on the ipod touch. :D

I really hope there will be though. :apple:

MaCamZa

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
England, United Kingdom
I'm updating regardless of features. However, I think it will be hilarious to no end if there is no camera on the ipod touch. :D

Honestly, i will be in hysterics too, but ill probs still buy the new iPod Touch because i want to get rid of my cranky old iPod Classic 32GB! Will be my first Touch, altho i have played around with some at Apple Stores as well as other peoples...

Bdoskail

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2010
My bad, i meant that It will have VGA video only, and 3.2MP Camera for Still images.

You should probably edit your main post cause if not people will be confused. I think that if they have a back camera, it will most definitely NOT be VGA. But who knows, anything can happen...

Yeah lol, that would be HILARIOUS! It will bring probably a lot of criticism. I mean, 2 YEARS without and update of a camera will be quite a schock!

gta50419

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2010

same here but i think it's very likely, most phones have 5mp today anyway, if apple leave that would be pure stupidity.
ipods will fall off big time

Derkatwork

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2010
Milwaukee
same here but i think it's very likely, most phones have 5mp today anyway, if apple leave that would be pure stupidity.
ipods will fall off big time

Most phones don't have 5mp cameras. Mine (a not-smart phone :(), has at MOST a 2mp. Mine is a year old and I'm fairly sure non-smart phones have basic 1-3 mp at best. Better end smart phones will have 5 mp and up, but most don't have them. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.