Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PilotWoo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2006
If the new ATV doesn't sync photos any more, does that mean that the screensaver will only display photos when iTunes is running on my mac, or will it cache? I like leaving the screensaver on when family are round as makes my TV a giant photo frame.

FSUSem1noles

macrumors 68000
Feb 23, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
If the new ATV doesn't sync photos any more, does that mean that the screensaver will only display photos when iTunes is running on my mac, or will it cache? I like leaving the screensaver on when family are round as makes my TV a giant photo frame.

It would probably still stream them, for example our photo screensaver pulls photos from my MobileMe photo album... none of the photos are actually stored on the ATV unit.. Another benefit to that is, even if the computer is off, it still will display my screensaver on the TV..

PilotWoo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2006
I dont upload photos to the web, so I guess it won't work. Hmm. I guess i'll find out in 4 weeks!

ipedro

macrumors 603
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
Because there's no onboard storage, I doubt the screen saver will even allow you to stream photos from a Mac or PC. Many people have laptops these days. Once it goes to sleep, you'd lose the connection.

As suggested above, I'd upload some photos to a free Flickr account using iPhoto or Aperture and point AppleTV's screensaver to that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.