Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Sep 8, 2010, 04:03 PM   #1
MicroByte
macrumors 6502

Restore from Backup for new iPod Touch 4G?

I currently own another iPod Touch 3G and just got my 4G in. Is it possible to restore from the last backup of the 3G version?

What happens when I hook up the 3G, will they start mirroring each other or will it fork and treat them as separate devices going forward?

I was really hoping to pick up and start my new 4G version since it's just the way I want it and give my 3G to my son, but not without the same content.

*EDIT*

Found out the answer to my own question. I setup my new 4G from my last backup and everything loaded fine! It took 2 hours and when I clicked on the Apps tab, everything was spread across 15 pages, but it completed and put everything into the folders I had set so all was good!

I then plugged in my son's "new" iPod (really my old one) and renamed it to some other iPod name and it syncs now on it's own.

Last edited by MicroByte; Sep 8, 2010 at 09:10 PM.
MicroByte is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch