Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sketcher28

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 28, 2010
Okay, so I have my iPhone and I've purchased apps on it from the store.
When I go to sync the apps, it shows up with a message to authorize my computer or else the apps will be deleted so I enter the password to authorize it. Then, I get this message:

"There was an error storing your authorization information on this computer. Try doing a repair install on iTunes from the "Add or Remove Programs" control panel."

So I go to repair iTunes and it says that the feature I'm trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.

So how do I repair iTunes so I can authorize my computer so I can sync my apps to the computer?

sketcher28

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 28, 2010
Update

Okay, so I searched for a manual repair and it worked. For a day. Now, today, it needs to be 'repaired' and authorized again... :confused:

iggypod

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
If you are at 5 authorizations try to deauthorize all and then reauthorize.

sketcher28

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 28, 2010
No, I'm only authorized at this computer. :/
Same with my brother, and the same thing's happening to him.

sketcher28

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 28, 2010
Hm..

It's still giving me trouble. I'm considering uninstalling and then reinstalling iTunes and hopefully that will renew that repair tool... however, will that erase all of my purchased songs and apps?

icecrystal23

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2010
It's still giving me trouble. I'm considering uninstalling and then reinstalling iTunes and hopefully that will renew that repair tool... however, will that erase all of my purchased songs and apps?

No, your songs and apps are stored separately from the application. You should be able to find these files and back them up if you want to be extra careful.

cypher23

macrumors member
Dec 25, 2008
No, your songs and apps are stored separately from the application. You should be able to find these files and back them up if you want to be extra careful.

icecrystal is correct. The beauty of Apple software is that user data and application data is completely separate so uninstalling/reinstalling won't affect any purchased items. Although, it's not a bad idea to backup your library anyway. Also, usually people get this error when they have music/apps on their iPhone purchased using another iTunes account. Make sure you have your computer authorized with all your iTunes accounts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.