Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kuato

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2009
Basically I use the program Groove Shark in my car to listen to music. There are some songs that require a wifi connection to play. Is there any way to make my phone think it's on wifi but actually on 3G?

Jailbroken Iphone 3G using fw 3.1.3

DeuceDeuce

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2007
San Dimas, CA
Basically I use the program Groove Shark in my car to listen to music. There are some songs that require a wifi connection to play. Is there any way to make my phone think it's on wifi but actually on 3G?

Jailbroken Iphone 3G using fw 3.1.3

3G Unrestrictor and My3G

Baggy Spandex

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2009
I personally use 3GUnrestrictor. I pretty much forgot I even own it because it just works...every time...without hassle. First Cydia tweak I ever purchased...the wifi quality YouTube when on 3G was a must!

mokeiko

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2007
I personally use 3GUnrestrictor. I pretty much forgot I even own it because it just works...every time...without hassle. First Cydia tweak I ever purchased...the wifi quality YouTube when on 3G was a must!

+1

3GUnrestricter here also.

mokeiko

M-5

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2008
I use My3G and it works well too. Not sure which is better. I just use it to FaceTime over 3G and occasionally download or update large apps over 3G which require wifi.

neilp4453

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2007
So does that mean your data plan won't show any usage? I have a 200mb data plan with AT&T and that would be pretty cool if I didn't have to worry about going over the 200mb.

ATT still knows you are using 3G.

The phone is just tricked.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
No, that has nothing to do with it.
You will still use up your carrier data if you're not pulling it thru wifi and will go past your 200mb limit if you're not carefull.

So does that mean your data plan won't show any usage? I have a 200mb data plan with AT&T and that would be pretty cool if I didn't have to worry about going over the 200mb.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.