Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mkcoo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 2, 2009
UK
Last week I ordered the new iPhone 4 on O2. A week later still no stock? After speaking to customer services, who said they are awaiting a new stock delivery from Apple. This could be as late as early October!

So I stated that I wanted it in September as then I was eligible to order my free cover from Apple. She said that the new iPhones coming in will not have the antenna problem!

Not sure if its a great bullcrap story or what?

Lostanddamned

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2009
London, UK
Last week I ordered the new iPhone 4 on O2. A week later still no stock? After speaking to customer services, who said they are awaiting a new stock delivery from Apple. This could be as late as early October!

So I stated that I wanted it in September as then I was eligible to order my free cover from Apple. She said that the new iPhones coming in will not have the antenna problem!

Not sure if its a great bullcrap story or what?

Consider the facts of your story
-O2
-previously unheard rumour
-trying to get you to buy something regardless of your worries about it

I'd say it was probably bullcrap.

That said I'm impressed that you managed to speak to a member of staff in an O2 store, managed to stand around with my Dad in the one in Drakes Circus for about 30mins whilst he looked at an iPhone considering buying one as I explained everything to him. We weren't even approached, its like they don't want sales

mkcoo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 2, 2009
UK
Thanks for the quick reply.

It was on the telesales business that gave me the info.

Of course I would like to believe it and I was only chasing the order as I had ordered it friday last week so it was a done deal.

Just wondered if anyone else is awaiting stock and getting the same answers?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.