Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eltoko

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 23, 2008
Hi guys,

I live in Sweden and there is no news regarding if/when the new Apple TV will be sold over here. Bummer, but as it happens I have a friend who is currently visiting Los Angeles and I will obviously ask/beg/plea/blackmail him into buying me a :apple:TV.

Thing is, he is leaving October 10th. Do you think the :apple:TV's will be in stores by then? Anybody know? Educated guesses? What's his best strategy to get a hold of one before then? Going to a applestore? Other stores (what/where)? Is it possible to reserve one a few days in advance if the stores will get them soon etc etc etc?

ANY info is highly appreciated, since I don't know anything about shopping Apple products (or anything else for that matter) in the U.S..

Thanks in advance.

PurdueGuy

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
Hi guys,

I live in Sweden and there is no news regarding if/when the new Apple TV will be sold over here. Bummer, but as it happens I have a friend who is currently visiting Los Angeles and I will obviously ask/beg/plea/blackmail him into buying me a :apple:TV.

Thing is, he is leaving October 10th. Do you think the :apple:TV's will be in stores by then? Anybody know? Educated guesses? What's his best strategy to get a hold of one before then? Going to a applestore? Other stores (what/where)? Is it possible to reserve one a few days in advance if the stores will get them soon etc etc etc?

ANY info is highly appreciated, since I don't know anything about shopping Apple products (or anything else for that matter) in the U.S..

Thanks in advance.

If they being delivered now, I'd think they will be in stores shortly.

Now, to start a rumor (this is macrumors after all!), I asked a sales person at the apple store in Los Cerritos (California). She told me there was an "overnight" planned for this week. She said an "overnight" could be anything from new product launch to just wanting to reorganize something in the store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.