Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mas1091

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 27, 2010
I just got a macbook pro 13 and i was just wondering what it really means to calibrate your battery, and how do you do it? Would it help my battery also? thx

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
There's more to it than that. Read the links spinnerlys posted.

I know there's more to it than that - that's why I said "in a nutshell." It means "this is a very simplified summary."

Besides, the OP didn't ask for three posts full of nothing useful but links, the OP asked a simple question. I gave a simple answer.

If you're trying to start a pissing contest, take it elsewhere - I'm not interested.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I know there's more to it than that - that's why I said "in a nutshell." It means "this is a very simplified summary."

Besides, the OP didn't ask for three posts full of nothing useful but links, the OP asked a simple question. I gave a simple answer.

If you're trying to start a pissing contest, take it elsewhere - I'm not interested.
The links provide all the correct answers to the OP's question. There are already too many who mistakenly think that simply draining and recharging the battery is calibration. It's not a pissing contest. It's about posting factual information.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Except nobody posted any information - just links. Nice cop-out.
It makes no sense to type the same answers to the same questions over and over again, when posting a link will lead the OP to all the information they need. If you don't want to click and read, that's your choice. The links were posted for the OP's benefit, not for yours.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.