Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aduteau

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 14, 2007
Hey guys, quick question here
Does anyone have the new Apple TV2 and use it with and airport express ?
If so how does the streaming ? Is it fast enough for Netflix and itunes rentals ?
Im just woundering for the overall speed of streaming if an airport express is as good as a aiport extreme ...
Thx for the answer guys :)

elliotsdad

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2006
Works for me

Used to run my network from a Netgear next 834. Had intermittent probes with a few airport express for AirTunes.
Swapped my wireless to one of the airport express units have one N, and two G speed units. Works surprisingly well.
Just got an apple tv 2, have had no prob running everything from the express unit. Not one stutter on my atv, streaming all media from an iMac.
Was thinking about getting an airport extreme, but will hold off now as things seem fine.
Hope that helps.

DJinTX

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2010
The Express is as good as the Extreme is for streaming and should work fine.

Agreed, the Express is N speeds, so unless it is malfunctioning it should not be a limiting factor for streaming, as it will be faster than your internet (in most cases). Obviously it isn't simultaneous dual-band like the Extreme, but should be fine unless you connect some older wi-fi devices alot during streaming.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.