Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Enigmafan420

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
Puget Sound, U.S.A.
How long does it take Tiny Umbrella to run the TSS server? My Blobs are saved and the TSS server starts-but then it seems to run FOREVER. I never actually let it finish.

It seems like this process shouldn't take all that long. Any ideas on time here? I am running 10.6.4.

Cheers!

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I am not sure what your question is, and you should fix your title to read TSS and not RSS.

You start the TSS server and it will be always running so you can do your restore/upgrade, when you finish, you stop it and done.

Enigmafan420

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
Puget Sound, U.S.A.
I am not sure what your question is, and you should fix your title to read TSS and not RSS.

You start the TSS server and it will be always running so you can do your restore/upgrade, when you finish, you stop it and done.

Absolutely correct on title, a Freudian error. System won't let me change the title.

That being said, Comex recommends letting TSS run through with NO ERRORS to ensure the Blobs are saved. I want to know how to tell when that has happened. Tiny Umbrella continues to say TSS is running. How can I tell when it is "done" with my phone?

Thanks for responding!

nebo1ss

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
Absolutely correct on title, a Freudian error. System won't let me change the title.

That being said, Comex recommends letting TSS run through with NO ERRORS to ensure the Blobs are saved. I want to know how to tell when that has happened. Tiny Umbrella continues to say TSS is running. How can I tell when it is "done" with my phone?

Thanks for responding!

If you are trying to save your blobs do not start TSS server. Go to advance mode select your device type, select the 4.1 FW select Cydia and hit run.

That will save your blobs both on Cydia and your local PC.

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA

Thanks for responding!

Edit title: click Edit them "go Advanced" that let you edit the title,

Second, there is not output from the TSS server, if you didn't get any errors you are good.

You don't need the TSS server to "save" your SHSHs. the TSS is for restoring (they simulate Apple servers)

ulbador

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2010

Thanks for responding!

The TSS server isn't something you run and it finishes. It's an ON/OFF switch to turn on a tiny little web server. When it's on, TU modifies your hosts file so you can use your own computer instead of cydia to act as the apple signing server.

It will never technically "finish".

Enigmafan420

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
Puget Sound, U.S.A.
The TSS server isn't something you run and it finishes. It's an ON/OFF switch to turn on a tiny little web server. When it's on, TU modifies your hosts file so you can use your own computer instead of cydia to act as the apple signing server.

It will never technically "finish".

Okay well it ran for >10 minutes no errors, so I guess I am all good. Thanks to all the wise and sage advice here.

Cheers!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.