Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

agkm800

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
I guess there can be only two 'iPad' announcements.

1. iPad sales figures (I could careless.)
2. iPad OS 4.2 upgrade date (Will he let us know?)
3. (sorry, no 7-inch iPad plans)

Dolorian

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2007
Hopefully no iPad announcements (besides saying how great it has sold) are made. Same goes to iPod and iPhone...

I hope it is focused on the Mac, for a change.

Batt

macrumors 65816
Dec 17, 2007
Syracuse, NY
I guess there can be only two 'iPad' announcements.

1. iPad sales figures (I could careless.)
2. iPad OS 4.2 upgrade date (Will he let us know?)
3. (sorry, no 7-inch iPad plans)

Re: #2: Apple already says "Look for it in November".

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
I'm hoping for some tie into iLife '11. Maybe GarageBand for iPad. Because that would be awesome to use iPad as a portable recording studio when you are just trying to test out an idea.

I have 4Track on iPhone but GB would let you actually flesh out a song then you can just upload it back to your computer to finish it up...

It could have loops (And they could even sell loop packs as an in app purchase!) and even an onscreen keyboard for doing some midi stuff.

I think it would be awesome, but I doubt it will happen any time soon.

dXTC

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Up, up in my studio, studio
I'm hoping for some tie into iLife '11. Maybe GarageBand for iPad. Because that would be awesome to use iPad as a portable recording studio when you are just trying to test out an idea.

I have 4Track on iPhone but GB would let you actually flesh out a song then you can just upload it back to your computer to finish it up...

It could have loops (And they could even sell loop packs as an in app purchase!) and even an onscreen keyboard for doing some midi stuff.

I think it would be awesome, but I doubt it will happen any time soon.

This alone would get me to cough up $500 or more for an iPad. If it would enable a MIDI input driver for the Camera Connection Kit's USB port, that would be even better.

But again, this is a Mac-centric event, so I'm not holding my breath in this regard.

EDIT: On second thought, GarageBand for iPad could be rather limiting, as softsynths and effects are notorious CPU hogs. I don't know whether the A4 chip would be able to handle more than, say, four Software Instrument tracks at a time. Still, it may be worth it for field recording of vocals.

r2fa3l

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2010
Texas
doubt he'll waste more than a minute or two on iPad. Just how its selling and 4.2 then back to mac

WLS

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
I could care less ? If you ask in the interrogative instead of using the declarative that would be acceptable too as a sarcastic remark.

Now if only we could run IOS on a Mac wouldn't it be grand! Or CAN we? You'd be Lion if you said it can't be done.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.