Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MBX

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
I sure hope so. Those ugly blue buttons/ scrollbars need to be put to sleep finally.

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
No evidence of this currently. Apple could make GUI changes though. Wouldn't mind something fresh, but I have no issues with the current theme. One change that has been noticed is that the title bar on windows is going away (or at least the developer has the choice) as can be seen from the App Store screen shots.

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Mar 13, 2007
NH
No evidence of this currently. Apple could make GUI changes though. Wouldn't mind something fresh, but I have no issues with the current theme. One change that has been noticed is that the title bar on windows is going away (or at least the developer has the choice) as can be seen from the App Store screen shots.

Actually, these were posted by @viticci on Twitter:

http://img.skitch.com/20101020-drs3rq9hssh5e5tytcfbk4i17w.jpg
http://img.skitch.com/20101020-xp3eagyfmbsf21m52f32khnks5.jpg
http://img.skitch.com/20101020-dpg4hsurbbr1rrfyd5ib88ipkk.jpg

Any Aqua bars you saw were on the systems running Snow Leopard. Looks like Lion will offer the new scrollbars that auto hide away.

-Kevin

HelveticaNeue

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
Actually, these were posted by @viticci on Twitter:

I noticed that during the keynote as well. Also, if you notice during the demo of Mission Control (God I hate that name) the Safari Pages for NYT and Rotten Tomatoes both are obviously long webpages, yet lack the blue or even greyed out scroll bars, so I assume Safari 5 (6?) gets the iOS dissolving black scroll bars.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-10-20 at 8.43.03 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-10-20 at 8.43.03 PM.png
    342.3 KB · Views: 536

miknos

Suspended
Mar 14, 2008
I like the design but not knowing if a page have more content doesn't look good.

DJ-R

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2010
Oh wow, finally auto hide Scrollbar just like iOS!!!

SWEET! More space for contents!

derekamoss

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2002
Houston, TX

They already started going that way with itunes 10. No title bar...

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Oh wow, finally auto hide Scrollbar just like iOS!!!

SWEET! More space for contents!

What, half an inch lol?

---

Anyway, I wonder if they will be doing away with the blue buttons on dialogue boxes? I fail to see what they could replace the pulsing blue with :eek:

Seems like only yesterday Steve was talking about "the lovely new aqua interface" in the keynote for the Mac OSX Beta :rolleyes:

jedy

Cancelled
Jan 16, 2011
As long as Finder remains in Lion and future releases I'll be happy. It is the trend now on PC, particularly with browsers, to replace the menubar with a dropdown menu which is most irritating. At least with Mac this irritation wont happen thanks to Finder which houses the menu items.

Nov 28, 2010
located
As long as Finder remains in Lion and future releases I'll be happy. It is the trend now on PC, particularly with browsers, to replace the menubar with a dropdown menu which is most irritating. At least with Mac this irritation wont happen thanks to Finder which houses the menu items.

Finder is just an application to administer your files. The Menu Bar is there too if you are using another application, independent of Finder.
And I agree, that the Menu Bar in Windows seems to hide more and more.

Blakeasd

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2009
As far as I know Aqua is gone. Some applications that will be bundled with Lion no longer have those blue push buttons, they are now textured gradient buttons. Unfortunately I cannot say where I found these changes.

treichert

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2007
Aachen, Germany
As far as I know Aqua is gone. Some applications that will be bundled with Lion no longer have those blue push buttons, they are now textured gradient buttons. Unfortunately I cannot say where I found these changes.

Of course you can't.

Forgot to take a blurry photo in an elevator? :p ;)

Last edited:

KirkL

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2010
United States
I noticed that during the keynote as well. Also, if you notice during the demo of Mission Control (God I hate that name) the Safari Pages for NYT and Rotten Tomatoes both are obviously long webpages, yet lack the blue or even greyed out scroll bars, so I assume Safari 5 (6?) gets the iOS dissolving black scroll bars.

So how will you know if you a page has more content? With NYT it might be "obvious" but what about sites one's never visited before?

karsten

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2010
So how will you know if you a page has more content? With NYT it might be "obvious" but what about sites one's never visited before?

it will probably have that rubber-band spring effect at the bottom so you know

MattInOz

macrumors 68030
Jan 19, 2006
Sydney
Just as long as I can still grab the scroll bar to move position. Scrolling long lists or big documents with finger flicks is still a pain.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.