Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cp316

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2009
Hello,

The other day I put my touch in my back pocket, sat down, pulled it out and the glass was shattered. Does anyone know of any places that will fix this for a reasonable price...only a month old and already broken....unbelievable.

CP

kelving525

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2008
NYC
I believe the new iPods have the glass mounted to the LED itself so technically you'll have to replace the whole screen. I guess you can take it into an Apple store and see how much it'll cost?

iphone1105

macrumors 68020
Oct 8, 2009
Hello,

The other day I put my touch in my back pocket, sat down, pulled it out and the glass was shattered. Does anyone know of any places that will fix this for a reasonable price...only a month old and already broken....unbelievable.

CP

Unbelieveable like "wow, it's unbelievable i ruined my own product" or "unbelievable apple made a product of glass you can't sit on, apple sucks"

cp316

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2009
Unbelievable I did it...not there fault...would just like it fixed.

BraveArts

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2008
Madrid, Spain
Possible cheaper solution

Sorry your glass broke.
Although there aren't many spare parts floating around, as all the Touches have the same size screen you might be able to get a non functioning one off EBay for next to nothing and change the screens over. Good luck :)

Firestar

macrumors 68020
Sep 30, 2010
221B Baker Street.
Sorry your glass broke.
Although there aren't many spare parts floating around, as all the Touches have the same size screen you might be able to get a non functioning one off EBay for next to nothing and change the screens over. Good luck :)
Wouldn't the camera have something to do with the screen, LCD, stuff?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.