Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FubsyGamr

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2010
Hey guys!

Well, I just got my iPad about a week ago, after using my iPod Touch 4g for about a month or so (since release), and I LOVE it! Now, though, I'm trying to find fun, fulfilling games for it.

My biggest issue is the $5-$10 price point per game. It's a lot harder for me to drop that much money on a game I'm not that sure about, so I'm coming to you for advice! What are some of the games that are totally worth their price point, that you didn't cringe after spending your money on?

My favorite types of games are games like Plants vs Zombies, tower and/or base defense games, and games like that. Ones where you can play for 2 hours straight OR play for 1 minute while waiting for the bus. I also like the Predators game that's + enabled for iPad and iPod Touch.

Thanks for any suggestions!

p.s. on a side note, is Pages worth the 9.99, to you?

EDIT: I wanted to add an edit, saying that there's a game that I'm enjoying now but I can't remember the name of it, got it for free, where you are defending a space station out in space, planting defenses on asteroids. Apparently there's another game for $4.99 that is similar but 'better'. If anyone has any experience, let me know!

FubsyGamr

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2010
Have you wandered over to MR's sister site TouchArcade.com?

Lots of gaming info and reviews there!!!!

Oh snap haha I'm fairly new to the iPod/iPad world, and I hadn't seen that site. I'll check it out, thanks!

DylanG

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2007
I'm not much of a game player but I do love Plants vs. Zombies. I'd grab it while it's half price.

MadeTheSwitch

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2009
Hey guys!

EDIT: I wanted to add an edit, saying that there's a game that I'm enjoying now but I can't remember the name of it, got it for free, where you are defending a space station out in space, planting defenses on asteroids. Apparently there's another game for $4.99 that is similar but 'better'. If anyone has any experience, let me know!

Are you referring to Spacestation Frontier HD by any chance? It's a great game.

chiefroastbeef

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas/ Hong Kong
If you like flight simulators, X-Plane for iPad is great, when I have time, love to just land the planes (very challenging, and there is a mode where you can just keep landing planes), it is great fun, takes skill, and give me a satisfied feeling when the plane touches down.

Also, Real Racing HD is absolutely worth the 10 bucks, it is the "go to" app to show off the prowess of the iPad, and it is great fun.

The biggest waste of money for me is Grand Theft Auto, the interface and gameplay wasn't very intriguing.

Madden NFL is a great game also, the graphics and gameplay is very good, but I just don't play it that often, I haven't spent the time to play, and I barely get touchdowns.

87vert

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
If you like flight simulators, X-Plane for iPad is great, when I have time, love to just land the planes (very challenging, and there is a mode where you can just keep landing planes), it is great fun, takes skill, and give me a satisfied feeling when the plane touches down.

I picked it up yesterday. Its fun. I like trying to dock the space shuttle.

GaresTaylan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2009
Angry birds HD & Plants v Zombies are great. I also downloaded a game called Undercroft which is a lot like the old might and magic games for the PC. I spent hours playing it.

chiefroastbeef

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas/ Hong Kong
I picked it up yesterday. Its fun. I like trying to dock the space shuttle.

Docking the shuttle is a lost cause for me. I find enough joy being able to take off, navigate to another airport and successfully landing there. Truly an amazing app for $10. Not the most exciting, but I catch myself clicking the app and getting a smooth landing in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.