Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shpint

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 12, 2010
I know I posted this in the iPhone app section, but I would also want to know the answer for the iPad as well.

I will be presenting a Keynote Presentation for my class. My MacBookPro will be connected to a project via MiniDisplay-VGA port/cable. There will be no internet whatsoever in that room. (no wifi, no ethernet). I can use my Apple Remote to control the presentation, but here's what I want to know.

Is there an app that will allow me to see what is in the next slide as well as control the presentation? (The AirDisplay app does this automatically when presentation starts. It shows what is on the current slide, and what will be the next action (bullet, pictures, change slide) The problem is AirDisplay requires Wi-Fi.

If there is no app for that, then is it possible that I will export my keynote presentation and view it on my iPad as I present? My main concern here is that there will be animations and actions that are not available on the iPad Keynote App.

Thanks.

nightfly13

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2008
Ranchi, India
Quite doable

Spend $0.99 on 'Keynote Remote' for iPhone (it'll work on iPad too, but it'll look ugly) then create your own wifi network from your mbp, have the iPad join the network and enter in the 4-digit code to enable the iPad to function as a 'remote' in the Keynote Preference panel.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.