Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lozpop

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 6, 2006
I have never had problems with WiFi and my iPad.

Ironically, since I've installed the 4.2 Golden Master, WiFi is clearly having problems.
My iPad sees the WiFi network and connects to it properly, but internet works once and doesn't work twice.

I tried to restore the network settings, change the assigned IP, reboot, but nothing works.

Anyone else with this problem?
PS - Something else very weird. The iPad is connecting to the 3G network, but it doesn't surf properly. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

Definitely a bug with the general networking here, I think.

Anyone else?

petvas

macrumors 603
Jul 20, 2006
Munich, Germany
I have been using my iPad for the last 8 hours connected to the Internet vie WiFi and I had zero problems. Of course I am running 4.2
I did an update from 3.2.2.
Is that maybe sth specific to the 3G model?

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
It was an issue in beta 1. It seems to be resolved now. Not sure how to fix. Tr a restore.

lozpop

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 6, 2006
It was an issue in beta 1. It seems to be resolved now. Not sure how to fix. Tr a restore.

Thanks for the info, I've never run beta 1. Anyway I'm curious because other users in the forum are experiencing the same thing.

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
I have a bit of a wifi issue. Sometimes Internet slows to a stand still and I have to disable and reenable wifi to fix it. Dunno if it's my crappy verizon fios router tho.

lozpop

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 6, 2006
I restored the network settings for the fifth time, and now I have no problem.
I will write if it is temporary as before.

PhoneI

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2008
Strange, I am having major WiFi problems since I upgraded to the GM. Cant get it to stay connected for more than a few minutes. No problems before.

By the way, I have a Fios router.

Don Kosak

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2010
Hilo, Hawaii
Hmm, no problems so far. The Apps I'm testing both heavily use the internet connection.

I'm connecting via an Airport Extreme.

I haven't heard of WiFi problems since the early betas. Did you upgrade directly from iOS 3.2 directly, or from one of the earlier betas?

lbeck

macrumors 6502
Dec 5, 2009
Count me as having wifi issues. It just stops working, then starts after I turn wifi on and off

gforce216

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2009
I had some wifi problems with the GM coming after I updated from beta 3. I decided to do a full restore and I now have no wifi problems at all. Maybe that will help to resolve your issue.

phyrexia

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2010
I didn't mess with any of the betas, but installed the GM early this morning via a Restore. Then restored from a previous backup. No wifi issues so far.

PR.

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2005
Bedford, UK
I'm having wireless issues to. When it stops working I can turn wifi off and back on to fix it. I did try resetting network settings but after the restart it still wasn't working until I did the wifi off and on.

Going to be annoying... :(

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
I had the exact same issue but haven't seen it since turning off MobileMe bookmark syncing. It wasn't present in earlier betas so I think it's something to do with MobileMe. There was mention of a change in login so Apple may be fiddling with the server prior to general release.

ryanmcv

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I was having the same issue earlier today and had to turn wifi off and then back on to restore the connection. I reset my network settings and it hasn't happened since. Fingers crossed...

Eampiart

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2008
I had the same problem. I upgraded from 3.2.1 and had WiFi signal, but after about 30 secs, no internet. I resetted the network settings twice and now it works. This was about an hour ago, so I think it's finally good :)

lozpop

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 6, 2006
I had the same problem. I upgraded from 3.2.1 and had WiFi signal, but after about 30 secs, no internet. I resetted the network settings twice and now it works. This was about an hour ago, so I think it's finally good :)

Exactly.

Guys, it seems that the only solution, for now, is to reset the network settings multiple times. I did it five times and now internet works from yesterday.

Anyway, considering the number of users that's experiencing this issue, this is clearly a bug. -- and this would be the Gold Master?

MSL

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2008
Brighton, UK
Resetting the Network settings has the following effect:

Works momentarily, then cuts out.

This is not a good release.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Has anyone else turned off MobileMe bookmark syncing if you use it? Solved the problem right away, haven't had any issues since.

PR.

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2005
Bedford, UK
Has anyone else turned off MobileMe bookmark syncing if you use it? Solved the problem right away, haven't had any issues since.

I don't use MobileMe.

When I get home tonight, if it happens again I'll try resetting the network settings a few times.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.