Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clashman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2010
Hi all-
I am looking for software that is already created yet configurable for my needs. What I want is something that will allow me to to have my presenters
upload their powerpoint/keynote by logging into the software and it giving them, from preloaded info, a folder created with their info ( name , room location, day and time..this may be the configurable part..what parameters I can set based on the event ).
I currently use a MS SQL database on windows but I did not write it and I want to move the process wholly over to Mac.
I hope I described it well enough.
Thanks

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Bento is the only one I know about. Just plug in "Mac database software" at your favorite search engine. Other things will come up too. Check 'em out.

bmcgonag

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2007
Texas
Sounds like you need something more web-capable than Bento will end up being for you.

I would say try something like a File Manager on a website that you set up.

If you are on Windows, then you could look at HFS.

On Mac, the built in Apache web server will let you set-up the accounts and provide each account space to upload their files via any FTP client. Most FTP clients are drag and drop these days.

You would have access to all accounts so as to access the presentations for class.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.