Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phandango

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2010
Upland
I found 2 lightly used iMacs online with specific prices and just wondered what everyone thought:

1) $800 - iMac 21.5" 3.06ghz Core 2 Duo/4gb/500hd/9400m/standard keyboard, no mouse

or

2) $1,000 - iMac 24" 3.06ghz Core 2 Duo/4gb/1.5 terabyte/GT130 512/wireless keyboard & magic mouse.

I am a web designer and at most will be running photoshop and dreamweaver. I think both are good deals, just need a little nudge in the right direction.

Thanks,

.dan.

alust2013

macrumors 601
Feb 6, 2010
On the fence
I would probably go with the 24" if the increase in price isn't bothersome. It's got a much better GPU, bigger hard drive and a little more screen real estate, and is otherwise the same.

phandango

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2010
Upland
I would probably go with the 24" if the increase in price isn't bothersome. It's got a much better GPU, bigger hard drive and a little more screen real estate, and is otherwise the same.

The $200 would be nice to save, to put towards a new Macbook Air... then I have to decide on whether to get the 11 or the 13.. DECISION DECISIONS!

iDutchman

macrumors 6502a
May 9, 2010
Amsterdam, NL
The $200 would be nice to save, to put towards a new Macbook Air... then I have to decide on whether to get the 11 or the 13.. DECISION DECISIONS!

Seems that you already decided. He's telling you to go for the 24" and still you decide to choose the 21.5". Seems like the decision has already been made. Congrats.:eek:

phandango

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2010
Upland
I ended up getting the 24"... the thing is a monster. I was surprised at how much I didnt like the magic mouse and bluetooth keyboard, but everything else about the iMac kicks butt.

Running photoshop, dreamweaver, Parallels with XP, Chrome, Safari, and FF and everything is still super smooth. The hard drive was also filled it up with as many files as possible and still have 1.1 TB left. =)

I think I like my new iMac :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.