Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Will you be switching to Verizon

• Total voters

SR2

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2010
Spending close to $500 a month with AT&T for 4 iPhones and was told by the 5th and final rep there is no way they will give me any discount.

So who will be moving to Verizon as soon as they can.

You're just an idiot with too many iphones imho. WTF makes you think Verizon is going to be any different?

daihard

macrumors 6502a
Feb 19, 2008
Seattle, WA
Bringing out a CDMA iPhone would be a trivial exercise in engineering, and totally cost effective even for the 2-3 year lifespan that CDMA has left given Verizon's 92 million customers, and China's 90 million.

Yeah, China must have played a huge role in Apple's decision to build the CDMA version of the iPhone. Unlike here, the Chinese market has a really big potential to expand.

For me, I'm staying with AT&T. Their network is pretty good where I live, and their customer service has been generally satisfying, too. I'd encourage others to move to Verizon though, just so the AT&T network will have less load. :p

mpossoff

macrumors 68020
Mar 21, 2010
Philadelphia
I really think people who have the iPhone have a complex. Like they don't want anybody else to have it. Like a 'nah, nah, nananah I have the iPhone and you Verizon people don't '

Pink∆Floyd

macrumors 68020
Nov 21, 2009
Up There
Spending close to $500 a month with AT&T for 4 iPhones and was told by the 5th and final rep there is no way they will give me any discount.

So who will be moving to Verizon as soon as they can.

First of all, there wont be a Verizon iPhone...
Seriously, the pricing wont be that much different....

Secondly, why are you so sure?
There aren't any facts about this...

All I can say is that I'll be laughing at you and the rest of the people who are so sure that there is a Verizon iPhone in the works!

Get off Verizon's d***, ok?

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
Not being able to access data during a phone call is a deal-breaker for me :mad:

wirelessmacuser

macrumors 68000
Dec 20, 2009
Planet.Earth
I've been using Verizon for some time and they are near equals with AT&T based on my experience. Both offer good customer service, good networks, and the typical drawbacks that all cellular carriers display.

macabouttobe

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2007
Michigan
I'm happy with AT&T Performance. I don't forsee discounts on Verizon, they are going to have to fund the build-out to their network to meet the spike of data they will see...

InsanelyApple

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2010
How about the option "I already have Verizon and I will get an iPhone" or "I already have Verizon and I won't get an iPhone"?

icyfire

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2010

All I can say is that I'll be laughing at you and the rest of the people who are so sure that there is a Verizon iPhone in the works!

So you're telling me that the iPad partnership between Apple and Verizon means nothing.

You're telling me that articles from Fortune Magazine, NY Times, and the WSJ explicitly stating that a Verizon iPhone is coming out in early 2011 means nothing.

Nobody is absolutely sure of whether the Verizon iPhone is coming out soon, but the writing is on the wall. The day that Apple and Verizon announced the iPad partnership, I was convinced that we would be seeing an CDMA iPhone soon enough. It's just logical.

bks691

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2009
So you're telling me that the iPad partnership between Apple and Verizon means nothing.

You're telling me that articles from Fortune Magazine, NY Times, and the WSJ explicitly stating that a Verizon iPhone is coming out in early 2011 means nothing.

Nobody is absolutely sure of whether the Verizon iPhone is coming out soon, but the writing is on the wall. The day that Apple and Verizon announced the iPad partnership, I was convinced that we would be seeing an CDMA iPhone soon enough. It's just logical.

What partnership? Are you saying that there is a cdma iPad? I Didn't hear about this, please tell :D

Last edited:

Amon37

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2008
AZ
if there is a Verizon Iphone I will switch to it solely based on the fact that I get a bigger discount through my company than with AT&T the coverage and signal strength is fine in my area for both providers.

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
What partnership? Are you saying that there is a cdma iPad? I Didn't hear about this, please tell :D

This partnership:

McAdam, who was CEO of the Verizon Wireless joint venture at the time, went for the kill. (For more on McAdam, who becomes Verizon CEO next year, see box above.) He called Jobs in December 2007 and told him, "We really ought to talk about how we do business together. We weren't able to [reach an agreement] a couple of years before, but it's probably worth having another discussion to make sure we're not missing something." Jobs, according to McAdam, replied, "Yeah, you're probably right. We have missed something."

The first fruits of those conversations? Flash-forward to this October: Verizon has started selling iPads that run on Verizon's network.

Verizon didn't just call up their local wholesaler and buy a bunch of iPads. They worked a deal with Apple. The fact that the 2 companies are in a conversation on the subject is a big deal.

Pink∆Floyd

macrumors 68020
Nov 21, 2009
Up There
This partnership:

Verizon didn't just call up their local wholesaler and buy a bunch of iPads. They worked a deal with Apple. The fact that the 2 companies are in a conversation on the subject is a big deal.

no, you are wrong yet again sir.

trust me when I tell you this, there wont be a Verizon iPhone, nada, none, zip, zero.

from the way I see things, this is not even considered a deal.

Apple...

macrumors 68020
May 6, 2010
The United States
I seriously doubt a January Verizon iPhone launch. That would be so screwed up. My prediction? Considering the fact that the iPad was announced in January, and it will soon be due for a refresh, I speculate a CDMA 2nd generation iPad for Verizon. How bout' it?

Edit: the CDMA iPhone (LTE = 2012) will be announced at Apple's WWDC 11'. Just my $0.02. ;)

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.

trust me when I tell you this, there wont be a Verizon iPhone, nada, none, zip, zero.

Dont be so sure, you might be eating your words soon:D
Obviously there is something between Apple and Verizon that was never there for the past 4-5 years.
We might be seeing a Verizon iphone sooner than we thought IMO.

Hmac

macrumors 68020
May 30, 2007
Midwest USA

Just goes to show ya.....even if you badly want it not to happen, the logical thing tends to happen anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.