Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lbeck

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 5, 2009
I'd like some wireless headphones for my iphone 4 to play music. I get annoyed by the white wires :)

Anyone know of a good set? I'm hoping for a fairly small, inconspicuous looking model.

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Jan 28, 2009
UK
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I've heard these don't allow volume changing on music etc though?

These look the best but want to be able to change volume, change track etc like the current Apple remote and mic that come with iphone 4, anyone used them on iPhone 4 please?

jmhays

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2011
Follow up on wireless headphones

I just found this thread and I am also interested in wireless headphones for my iPhone. Did any of these wireless headphones that were recommended work well? Are there any better alternatives?

I am specifically looking for in ear type wireless headphones that I can use to listen to music as well as answer and control phone calls.

Thanks.

ascNYC

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2010
Sony MW600

I recently got the Sony MW600 and am loving them. Here's why:

- Strong bluetooth connection (I also have the Motorola S9HD, great design but terrible bluetooth connectivity - lots of drop outs)
- iPhone music and phone controls
- Siri and voice compatibility
- Can be paired with up to 3 separate devices (i.e. iPad, iMac and iPhone)
- FM radio on board
- You can use the included headphones (which sound great by the way) or use any 3.5mm headset/phones. This is a great feature as I frequently use my Grados, Etymotics, Bose, etc and it makes them wireless!
- You can use the bluetooth receiver with car stereos and other portable sound devices (i.e. Tivoli Pal radio) and it makes those devices wireless
- Fast charge - long use prior to recharging
- OLED readout to see what song is playing or who is calling, radio station, etc.
- Comes in subtle black or "Apple" white
- Cheap! (paid $45 on Amazon)
- Small, lightweight and easy to use

Here's the link on Sony's site: http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/st...productId=8198552921666198163&tab=featuresTab

Try em - you'll like em......

tenhead

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2008
california

- Strong bluetooth connection (I also have the Motorola S9HD, great design but terrible bluetooth connectivity - lots of drop outs)
- FM radio on board
- You can use the included headphones (which sound great by the way) or use any 3.5mm headset/phones. This is a great feature as I frequently use my Grados, Etymotics, Bose, etc and it makes them wireless!
- You can use the bluetooth receiver with car stereos and other portable sound devices (i.e. Tivoli Pal radio) and it makes those devices wireless
- OLED readout to see what song is playing or who is calling, radio station, etc.

Here's the link on Sony's site: http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/st...productId=8198552921666198163&tab=featuresTab

I have this one and love them. I use them to listen to podcast at work and use the FM function to listen to the tv at the gym. perfect ! Great price.

DroidRules

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2010
I have the Freedoms by Jay bird and like them. I had their old style hand didn't like those at all so I gave them to my brother. These work well, some skipping out if I have my phone in my pocket and backpack on but no real issues. Sound is good and the charge lasts a long time. They are guaranteed against sweat so no worries with working out ect. More expensive than the sony's others listed but a quality item IMHO.

lympero

macrumors 6502a
Sep 1, 2008
Arta, Greece

- FM radio on board

I did a google research and many users report that they had many connectivity problems. Are these problems resolved with 5.1?

ascNYC

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2010
MW600 Connectivity Problems? - Nope

I did a google research and many users report that they had many connectivity problems. Are these problems resolved with 5.1?

I've been able successfully connect my MW600 to my iPhone, iPad and iMac without any issues. I have never had any connectivity issues either connecting or staying connected when using the devices. The performance has been flawless to date.....

camardelle

macrumors 6502
Aug 17, 2011
Texas
I picked up some Motorola over the ear bluetooth headphones for my kids at Christmas and my daughter returned them. My son (Mr earbuds) loved them and they work great on his iPhone. I think they were $99.

Pro-pacCase

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2012
New York
Anyone tried both the jaybird & the Sony mw600 ? I'm really looking for one that has a decent sound quality. i do not like leakage, hate people on the train listening to their phone & you hear clearly what they are listening to.

Really looking looking for one that has a nose cancelling as well. Either in-ear or a over-ear headphone. Looking at Motorola S305 but looks like sound will leak. Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated .

Thanks in advance

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.