Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tripjammer

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2010
Guys and gals...the beatles is not the announcement....the official announcement comes in 11 mins.!

Its not the beatles....why u people tripping?

-=XX=-Nephilim

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2009
Awesome news!

Always wanted to hear The Beatles and now, thanks to Steve Jobs and Apple, I finally can...

Amazing stuff :eek:

Mebsat

macrumors regular
May 19, 2003
Florida
Misdirection

If they posted them to the store *before* the announcement, they are clearly going to announce something else.

POWERBOOK G5 TUESDAY!!!

kslingo

macrumors member
May 16, 2007
this better not be the whole announcement...

I frankly dont and never will care about the freaking beatles...

Give me the APPLE TV update

rowuncw

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2010
This is actually pretty welcome news for me. I am a pretty big Beatles fan but only own about six of the LPs on CD (the first time they were released to CD), as well as the Red and Blue albums. On Amazon, the stereo box set is something like $180. They also have a really awesome little USB drive that is shaped like a little green apple with the Beatles logo on it. That includes all their songs in mp3 and FLAC, but it's a collectors item and is about $260 last time I checked.

So, considering I don't want to buy CDs that I'll never use but one time to rip, and I don't want to spend $260 on a USB drive, the $150 iTunes "box set" is somewhat appealing to me. I'll have to check out all the extras and the presentation, but if any band's entire catalog is worth that much money it's the Beatles.

dealmaker

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2010
What a complete and utter waste of time.......I hate the Beatles........

..........now if it was AC/DC!!..............:rolleyes:

redgaz26

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2007
Glasgow
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

£11 an album in the uk. !!!!
What a joke. !!

Clown Boy

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2008
I have been a MASSIVE Beatles fan since I was 14, so for nearly 20 years and this announcement means ZERO to be, I am 100%, completely indifferent.

I have been listening to The Beatles on my iPod/iPhone since 2003 and cannot understand by anyone would get even remotely excited about this, its a 100% BOREFEST.

Steve Jobs = Fail, once again.

WilliamLondon

macrumors 68000
Dec 8, 2006
who gives a crap:mad::mad:

I'm so thrilled there are so many people that honoured us by taking time out of their exciting, fun filled, thrilling every moment lives to tell us how bored they are about this announcement. You have all made my day. Now get back to your adventure filled lives and we lowly boring people will return to ours. :p

franswa za

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2010
south africa
I have owned all of the Beatles stuff on CD since the early 90's. I have since ripped them (back in '04) for use with my iPod/iPhone. Does this mean I will finally get my album art for all of these albums? :rolleyes:

:apple:

just bing or google images and you'll find everything you need :)

pmjoe

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2009
Wow! Apple makes a fuss about being years late to the game. Who'd a thunk it? :confused:

AppleInLVX

macrumors 65816
Jan 12, 2010
Then you have to rip all those CDs in to iTunes...

...and have the option of getting them lossless, something the iTunes Store still can't muster.

This news, it's 'meh' at best and if you put it into the context of the hype, it's "pffff!" (assuming of course nothing else happens in 5 mins).

nazaar

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2008
seriously a day I will never forget....
wait what day is it?

already forgotten...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.